Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Menzingers – “Strangers Forever” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

My expectations for this album are lowering. I like all these songs for what they are, but they all feel a little "safe" to me.

After the party felt like they were moving forward. These songs sound like a more conservative continuation of that album.

orangehorizon likes this.
  3. James McK

Former emo kid.

3 for 3. Not that there was ever any doubt from these boys

333 GANG, CMilliken and Chcurry182 like this.
  4. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Menzingers have always played it safe. ATP didn't really evolve or grow their sound in any way. It was more of the same great stuff. This seems like it'll be more of the same.

Personally I'm not complaining. Far too often bands have tried doing new stuff and wound up just not being as good as the old stuff. Sure sometimes they're instead able to evolve, grow and improve but nothing wrong with just sticking to what you know and continuing to entertain people with that.

333 GANG likes this.
  5. CMilliken

Trusted

3/3! Only a couple more weeks to wait!

333 GANG and James McK like this.
  6. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I call bullshit. Those guitars weren’t even plugged in. And under water? You aren’t fooling anyone.

summertimejesus likes this.
  7. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

I like this one the least of the three but still quality. Bring on Hello Exile!

8. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

3/3 for me as well, but I’d still say the vocals are a little buried in all 3 songs.

BKO5950505 and 333 GANG like this.
  9. 333 GANG

ACAB

Still not crazy about the production on these songs, think the vocals need to be higher in the mix, but the songs are so good that I’ll get over it.

Furman and BKO5950505 like this.
  10. orangehorizon

Trusted

For me bands do not need to completely try new stuff to stay relevant. One of my favorite bands was No Use and they basically never really changed their sound.
    But this song feels just not good enough in any way you put it. It is just not on Menzingers standard. The other two songs were really good, but not on the same level as Lookers and After the party. So for now I am a little disappointed with what we got.

11. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

No use changed up their sound early on.

12. orangehorizon

Trusted

Yes, technically they did. But once they were established they pretty much did not change at all.

.K. likes this.
  13. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

And Tony did his solo acoustic based stuff I guess to diversify his writing.

But yeah, No Use kind of went through one transition, but it was sort of logical and I feel like Menzingers are sort of doing the same.

orangehorizon likes this.
  14. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Echoing most others here, I felt that Menzingers hit a different type of stride with ATP and I thought this next album would have a larger presence then what we've received so far. Will still purchase but feel this album won't get them to the next level like I anticipated.

15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

This is awesome. Reminds me of OTIP and RW.

16. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

Ready for the full album.