Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Menzingers – “Lookers” • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Thank god Greg's vocal vamping is reigned in on this. By Rented World he was going down a Patrick Stump path where the more-or-less "defining features" of his unique voice became the only thing he did with it- and it came out as excessive ear-grating, whiny, constant over-vibrato like some kind of punk rock Goat Boy. He sounds great on this. (Sorry, really hated Rented World. Don't be mad at me.)

xmilesross likes this.
  2. Hmmmm maybe I've mostly heard Tom songs in the past

3. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Seriously, how is this so good? How is a band this consistent? Let me hurl my money at a preorder already!

Chris Prindle likes this.
  4. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I think the only Tom song I truly love is Burn After Writing. Everything else fluctuates between ok/good (Ava House, Hearts Unknown, Bad Things) and absolutely horrendous (The Talk, My Friend Kyle)

5. This is so good. This and new Against Me! Are going to make the rest of this year great

6. lava890

Regular Supporter

Just in time to know a new song for Wrecking Ball this weekend.

7. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Sounds noticeably different production wise right off the bat, but I'm into it and I really dig the track.

8. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Dunno if anyone is planning to see Menzingers tour with Bayside, but Bayside played a secret kickoff show last night in Gainesville and played mostly stuff from the new album- they were awesome. Picked up the vinyl but haven't had a chance to listen yet... went to work on about 3 hours sleep after the show.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  9. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Loving this, loved their direction with Rented World and I can't wait for more from these guys. They seem to be one of the few bands I love that hasn't changed drastically yet still sound fresh and new on each release.

10. spencpants

Can I pet your dog? Prestigious

So fucking good.

LosManosFuertes likes this.
  11. That'll be helpful while navigating the band's discography. Thanks!

12. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

song is so good. I've always preferred Greg's voice over Tom, but are great for different styles. one of the many reasons why this band is who they are.

13. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

SCULPTORS AND VANDALS???

Ryan Garner likes this.
  14. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

If it helps, my favorite Greg songs besides this one are: "In Remission", "Transient Love", "Casey", "Rodent", "The Obituaries" and "Good Things"

15. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I think Tom's songs are some of their best but you really can't go wrong.

ThePicazo and Chase Tremaine like this.
  16. myawrld

Regular

Oh my god this line killed me. Hahah. I couldn't agree more, I was insanely disappointed with Rented World..but this shows promise.

17. hoodrat

Regular

This fucking rocks

18. LosManosFuertes

Love This Place Supporter

I fucking dig this so much. Can't wait for the record.

19. LosManosFuertes

Love This Place Supporter

Burn After Writing is so damn catchy. I really like Freedom Bridge though. I think that has a different kind of sway to it, but I have to agree with you. Greg's songs are usually much more dynamic. He goes in unique direction with almost all his stuff and it's usually awesome.

20. lava890

Regular Supporter

Bayside is selling the new album at their shows this week?

21. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

22. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

This song blew me away

KennedyBN likes this.
  23. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Listening to on iPhone headphones now but man I really cannot make out a lot of the lyrics. I absolutely love this song though, definitely more poppy than anything they've done in the past but it works. Can totally see the Gates comparisons.

24. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Yeah opening riff reminded me lots of gates off the bat

25. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

never been into The Mezingers before but shalalas and references to jersey are easy ways to get me to like you.

Turkeylegz likes this.