Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Menzingers – “Lookers”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

"Blah blah Will Yip blah blah sounds awful."

Just kidding. Song rips. Moar plz.

KidLightning likes this.
  3. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Love it. Can't wait for this record.

4. Thomas Nassiff

i wrote it down for you Verified

instant classic menzingers track

Iago, Aaron Mook, KennedyBN and 7 others like this.
  5. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

The song's pretty good. Something about it seems a bit restrained compared to their past material, but I'll give it a few more listens to see if my opinions changes.

Ryan Garner and Turkeylegz like this.
  6. This is so fucking good

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  7. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Haha love the song, but the beginning scared me, like oh God did Yip fuck us?

Bryan Diem likes this.
  8. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Goddamn. Leaving this song on repeat for a stupid amount of time today. Here's the single art from their fb.

[​IMG]

Turkeylegz likes this.
  9. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This is really great. Definitely on their poppier and more melodic side, but I really like this. Hopefully we get some more fast/crazy songs, but I love this side of the band.

10. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

At least one reference to and older song in the second verse, "Nothing Feels Good Anymore", as well as potential references Gates depending on how you view the line: "I was certain that I'd find her, in the back of the diner, in a cloud full of nicotine, in a teenage memory."

11. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Definitely very Yip vibey at the beginning. Holding on hope for the rest of it because it's a soundcloud stream, but the fact that I can pick out specific lines even though it's a Yip album is a good sign.

Michael Schmidt and JRGComedy like this.
  12. VanderlyleCrybaby

Regular Supporter

Fantastic song, has a "Gates" type feel to me, or at least the same kind of nostalgic vibe from "On the Impossible Past"

13. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

Between this and the new AM! track I am just stoked

14. Wow. This is the first time I've loved a Menzingers song. The singer is so good now!

JRGComedy likes this.
  15. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Sounds exactly like he did on OTIP and Rented World...

16. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

"Jersey girls, they're always total heartbreakers. Julie from the Wonder Bar, I still wonder where you are"

jpmalone4, ECV and sean_rugy like this.
  17. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I think he might be a little higher in the mix, maybe slightly less raw. Also, there's two singers, so...

18. devenstonow

Noobie

blah blah blah will yip blah blah he's awful

jk my laptop speakers are just shit

maybe

19. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

After the Party when?

20. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Fucking perfect.

21. Not in my opinion? Or not according to my memory? Perhaps my own taste has changed but his voice always bothered me when I've given this band chances in the past.

22. The singers kept me from becoming a fan in the past...so I honestly would never be able to tell the difference, haha

23. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT

24. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

He's really really high in the mix on OTIP. This is almost entirely Greg, too, btw. I think Tom sings only slight backing vocals in the chorus.

25. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

He sings a similar melody on Gates and Casey to this song, and then he also sings "Nothing Feels Good Anymore" which this takes some lyrics from. Check those songs out and you might like Greg. Tom is still very hit or miss for me.