Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Menzingers – “Bad Catholics”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Menzingers’ have released their new song “Bad Catholics.” They also confirm a February 3rd release date and pre-orders are now up.

Track Listing

1. Tellin’ Lies
    2. Thick as Thieves
    3. Lookers
    4. Midwestern States
    5. Charlie’s Army
    6. House on Fire
    7. Black Mass
    8. Boy Blue
    9. Bad Catholics
    10. Your Wild Years
    11. The Bars
    12. After the Party
    13. Livin’ Ain’t Easy

2. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Boner

3. Yasss

4. alexjlow

Regular

Brilliant song

5. jorbjorb

7 rings

sounds good man

6. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Stopped what I was doing this morning to pre-order and stream the song a couple times. This album will be great.

7. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

Beyond excited but do people enjoy paying for something they won't get for three months?

8. spencpants

Can I pet your dog? Prestigious

I like Lookers better and was immediately on-board for it.. this one I had to listen to several times over to enjoy it close to as much.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  9. SayHello

Regular

It's good. Resides somewhere between their last two albums.

10. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I hope that means better than Rented World...

11. SayHello

Regular

Definitely better than that record.

12. Rented World is a great record? I don't like this song or Lookers as much as anything off of the last two records but this band always wins me over so I'm excited.

13. SPine

Trusted

Really like the cover art

14. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

This album is going to be something special

15. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Rented World was good, but didn't have much lasting value for me outside of the two singles and imo best tracks, In Remission and I Don't Wanna Be An Asshole Anymore.
    Definitely prefer Chamberlain Waits. And OTIP is one of my all time favourite records. Lookers gives off a real OTIP vibe so I couldn't be more excited.

Turkeylegz and SayHello like this.
  16. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

BUT GUYS WHAT ABOUT WILL YIP DOESN'T IT SOUND LIKE SHIT?!

For real though, song rips.

natefoundglory likes this.
  17. Not nearly as sold on this as I was "Lookers," but definitely still excited for it

spencpants likes this.
  18. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Aaand finally listened to this one, it's real good. Love the lyrical concept. Riff reminds me of The Other Shoe by Fucked Up, Dying on the inside/dying on the inside

19. SayHello

Regular

I mean, the song is good in spite of the production. It's a given that nothing Will Yip does sounds 'necessarily' good.

20. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

It actually sounds great, and the song's got a good vibe, can't wait to hear the rest!

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  21. Eml182

Regular

Cannot wait. Anyone know why the release process is so long? They finished this thing months ago.

22. JohnnyStacks

Regular

I feel like The Menzingers have a running theme of writing songs about driving to different places. They write songs about the boredom of driving around small towns

23. SayHello

Regular

They're on a decently big label. Decently big labels like to make sure their revenue streams are spread out and constant. It also may depend on the touring schedule.

24. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

These guys KILLED it last night at Fest. I've only seen them twice- once to 50 people right when Past came out, and yesterday to, I don't know, a couple thousand? They played what I consider to be the only tolerable songs from Rented World, too. :)

25. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

I'll bite which ones do you find tolerable?