Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Menzingers – “After the Party”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. beckerm6

gonna be album of the year

3. spencpants

Can I pet your dog? Prestigious

This made me really want to see them - but they'll be in my area when I'm away traveling. :(

4. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

AAAAAAAAAFTEEEER THE PAAAAAAARTAAAAAYYYY, IT'S MEEEE AND YOOOOOUUUU

Someone try to stop me singing this all night.

5. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Man, i love this band.

6. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Incredible. Greg's vocals are super strong, but is anyone else thinking this will be a more Greg heavy album based off these three songs?

7. SayHello

Regular

This record is going to be something else.

8. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

These first few songs are killer, can't wait for this

SayHello likes this.
  9. AutopilotYears

Regular

this is shaping up to be a serious AOTY contender

really wish they didn't have that obnoxious fadeout at the end though

10. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

Gonna listen to this album nonstop all year after it comes out, no doubt about it.

SayHello likes this.
  11. Bugs me every time.

12. Stevie

Regular

I find this an odd criticism... What don't you like about it?

I'm assuming as this is the second to last song on the album it leads into the final song nicely? - Not sure if you've heard the album yet jason but keen to know if that's the case.

13. Stevie

Regular

I find this to be a really odd criticism - what is it you don't like about it and is "obnoxious" not a little harsh a word to use?

As this is the second to last song on the album, I'm assuming it will lead into the final song nicely....

14. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

so good.

15. AutopilotYears

Regular

Honestly I have a bit of an irrational hatred for fadeouts in general... I just feel like its a lazy way to end a song, especially one like this where they could have just ended on one of the DUN DUN dedodoooo parts.

I called this one obnoxious because its really long... and even after fading out there's still a hard cut at the end which i'm hoping is just the result of some lazy chopping for when it was uploaded to SoundCloud.

Anyway, long story short, I hate fadeouts in general and this one is especially bad because its poorly done even for a fadeout.

That doesn't mean I don't absolutely love this song though, which makes it hurt even more haha.

16. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Something about this band never clicked for me but I really really like this song.

17. For one, I just don't like song fades in the middle of albums virtually ever. They're too noticeable and are almost always unneeded. It's completely unneeded in this context, it doesn't even lead into the final song as much as it just fades, stops, and the next song then plays. It's unnecessary and sounds weird.

js977 likes this.