Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Matrix Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by SellOutFunerals, May 5, 2016.

1. SellOutFunerals

head above water.

The Matrix has you.

2. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

One of my all time favorite films. Unpopular for some reason, but I also adore the sequels.

3. SellOutFunerals

head above water.

Dude, I love the sequels too. One my favorite movie series of all-time.

coleslawed likes this.
  4. GameOfThrones

Regular

The first is my favorite movie of all time. The sequels are good, but they had a lot of talk, and had too much CGI that looked pretty bad even during the time. I remember watching Reloaded in theaters and the scene where hundreds/thousands of Smiths fighting Neo looked awful.

5. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I'm okay with the crummy CGI since the fight was happening in a computer-generated world known for glitches anyway.

Garrett L. likes this.
  6. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Well looks like a relaunch, reboot, continuation, or whatever you want to call it may be in the works.

coleslawed and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  7. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I bet it'll continue, no way they start with a blank slate.

coleslawed and Eric Wilson like this.
  8. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Whatever they end up doing, all I can hope is that it's good! Been a long time since I've watched the trilogy.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  9. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I bet they'll try to turn it into its own cinematic universe lol.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  10. To be honest it would be kind of cool if they put something out that ends up being at least better than pts 2 and 3. Hard to imagine it being better than the 1st.

Ken and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  11. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Yep pretty much. Seeing how they are doing that with Star Wars, and obviously Marvel and attempting to do it with DC, maybe they'll have something there.

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

13. Davjs

Trusted

Morpheus on his quest to find "The One"? That could be cool, could be terrible. I assume he found a bunch of people who he thought were The One that didn't pan out before Neo?

Dirty Sanchez and coleslawed like this.
  14. dlemert

Trusted

Just watched last week, this movie holds up so well. Haven't seen the sequels in years and kinda want to keep it that way.

15. manoverboard365

Trusted

Do yourself a favor and don't rewatch the sequels lol. I recently rewatched the trilogy, and its absurd how much it nosedives from the first film to the last.

16. Davjs

Trusted

He could watch the Twins/highway chase scene though.

17. Morrissey

Trusted

The whole allure of Morpheus in the original film is his mystery. These mega franchise don't even respect their own mythology.

18. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Rewatched these and I really enjoyed them, even 2 & 3 this time around. The first will always be a masterpiece but I found the sequels to be well written and I think they did a good job of fleshing out the story.

coleslawed likes this.
  19. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Coworker and I have been debating this for several days - what would happen if Neo had taken both the blue and red pills at the same time? What would have Morpheus' reaction had been? "Neo! You idiot! or The Oracle - "Ugh, what a doofus". Or if Neo had taken both pills, pounded them into powder, and snorted them, hahahahah; Morpheus would just be standing there, dumbfounded

Davjs likes this.
  20. dlemert

Trusted

The red pill was just a tracking device for the Nebudchadnezzar to find Neo when he woke up in the real world, while I imagine the blue pill was either just a placebo of some sort or at most something that would help wipe his memory...I can't imagine much would have happened had he taken both at once, other than Morpheus calling a do-over haha. To me, the only power was in the symbolism of Neo's decision, not in the pills themselves.

21. Davjs

Trusted

I'm fine with Neo ODing and the machines destroying Zion in the reboot. Give us something different.

Subverting expectations is the new trend in Hollywood now :-)

22. dlemert

Trusted

I watched the sequels over the weekend since they're now on Netflix. Ugh, these are so frustrating. For every good decision about 10 poor ones are made.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.