Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Matches Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Apr 6, 2016.

1. lava890

Regular Supporter

Tonight they/he played a new Matches song! They were performing from home on a livestream for their documentary at the Slamdance Film Festival. And it was good!

2. spookymulder

iambirthdaydad.bandcamp.com

Yeah the zoom stream was kind of meh but the new song was good! I would say it’s definitely a matches song and I thought the verse sounded really clever

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

4. Jackbo487

Regular

this was so cool.

5. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

"Camel Lights turning into Chamomile." Of course they went and wrote another song that perfectly summarizes what it's like to be older now and reflect on all of the things that have changed in our lives, and of course it's fantastic.

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Insane

7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I saw this and was super stoked for them. It sucks that they’re just NOW getting royalties but still..

I’ll absolutely be supporting them when a new record comes out via vinyl :-)

8. Dammit I wanna see that doc

9. Jackbo487

Regular

It's worth it. Track down one of the virtual film festival options, if you can! I know Chelsea's been sending updates via the email list ...

10. DerekIsAGooner

I can't recommend the doc enough. The Matches were one of my favorite bands, and even I didn't know a ton of the stuff that happened to the band that the doc covers.

Jackbo487 likes this.
  11. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I’m just seeing this now, holy shit

Jackbo487 and mattylikesfilms like this.
  12. Jackbo487

Regular

so this is incredibly in-depth behind the process that went into the weirdness of "December is for Cynics," seriously great chat:

lava890 and DerekIsAGooner like this.
  13. DerekIsAGooner

I loved that episode so much.

14. Jackbo487

Regular

update on the Bleeding Audio doc!

May 27!

15. finallyyyyyyyyyyy! i've been dying to see this

Jackbo487 likes this.
  16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I saw this last year and can confirm that it’s incredible and also incredibly heartbreaking..

17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Also, let’s get that new Matches record!!!

18. Jackbo487

Regular

bradsonemanband likes this.
  19. Jackbo487

Regular

like the band itself, feels like Bleeding Audio isn't reaching enough people now that it's available ... anybody who ever dug anything the band did needs to watch it.

20. It’s out there???

UPDATE:
    It issss out there! It’s even 50% off on Amazon for the Blu-ray, if anyone is into that: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09WYY6ZMV/?tag=absolutepunk-20

Jackbo487 likes this.
  21. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Will be forever annoyed I missed out on the vinyl runs they did years ago. Would love for this to catch on enough that they repress the albums.

22. Sal Paradise

Trusted

The sad thing is that the pressings were in stock forever, and I still didn’t pull the trigger on any of them! The biggest factor being that they were overpriced…. Now I’d welcome the opportunity to pay 40 bucks or whatever it was for each

bradsonemanband likes this.
  23. dumpweed41

ah man i realy wanna see this but it doesn't seem to be anywhere in australia :(

24. Jackbo487

Regular

the Y. Von Dahl one was loaded with a big book and extra material and stuff, but yeah kinda pricey since they were such a limited run I think.

25. michael_gatto

Trusted

Just watched Bleeding Audio. Made me even more sad that this band never took off the way they should have.

Excellent doc though.