Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Matches Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Jackbo487

Regular

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

sorry to bump with non-Matches news, but I just learned that Shawn released a kids album for anyone who may have kids now

3. spookymulder

iambirthdaydad.bandcamp.com

new St. Ranger EP out and it’s really fucking good. favorite thing I’ve heard from Shawn since A Band in Hope. I feel like the first track would be right at home on there

4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I like 2016’s “Leaves L.A.” more but this new EP is definitely interesting.

I hope Shawn never stops making music.

5. irthesteve

the EP is in my queue, vey exciting to hear good things about it, will jump in soon

6. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I played the EP while working yesterday, so only half listening, but liked what I heard. Planning to dive in deeper soon.

7. spookymulder

maybe I need to revisit that, nothing he’s done outside The Matches has really grabbed me until this release

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  8. CstSnow

Regular Supporter

Has their been anything put out about an eventual physical or even digital release of Bleeding Audio ?

9. Jackbo487

Regular

not yet, just a bunch of virtual film festivals so far, I think Chelsea & team are still hammering down streaming release info (at least publicly)...

CstSnow likes this.
  10. Jackbo487

Regular

yeah after one listen I like Leaves L.A. better overall but this one's definitely pretty neat in its own way.

11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

So this podcast came out today and I was listening to it in the car as I was driving through Oakland (very fitting) and around the 17 minute mark - Shawn casually mentioned a new Matches record is written.

WHAAAA!!! He said it would have been out by now if COVID didn’t come around. They plan to record and release it sometime next year. Very rad!

‎The Radical: Shawn Harris on Apple Podcasts

12. irthesteve

I'm sorry what the fuck?!?!

13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

DUDE. I rewinded it back twice to make sure my ears weren’t deceiving me.. they were not. Shawn was just so casual about it on the podcast that it’s easy to not register what he just said lol

The host brought it up at the end of the podcast and Shawn was like “oh I guess this is the first time we’ve announced this so here’s an exclusive hah”

WILD. I’m over the moon :-)

14. irthesteve

unbelievable

15. irthesteve

gonna listen to Life of a Match / Crucial Comeback Song right now to celebrate

16. Jackbo487

Regular

whoa (oooh whoa)

I kept thinking "why couldn't they just write more new music now that they're back together/released those two songs," and alas ...

17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I honestly never thought we would get a new Matches record. An EP maybe? Maybe? But never an actual record. So thankful.

Also, I got tickets to see the Bleeding Audio documentary late last year on some festival site and it was incredible. So many great memories of growing up with the band and going to L3. Highly recommend everyone check it when they have the opportunity to.

CstSnow likes this.
  18. Jackbo487

Regular

yeah the doc is fantastic, and REALLY nails all of the key aspects I was hoping it would as someone from that 'scene' back then as well.

It's on Slamdance later this month if people want to check that out:

2021 Festival LineUp Release | Slamdance

Hopefully they're able to secure bigger release/streaming this year.

19. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

DerekIsAGooner likes this.
  20. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

that’s pretty wild news tbh, I honestly figured we’d never get more new music from them

21. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

DickyCullz and mattylikesfilms like this.
  22. spookymulder

so happy

23. irthesteve

mattylikesfilms and lava890 like this.
  24. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

This is some exciting news. Going to have to jam their discography today maybe E. Von Dahl will finally click for me

25. brendanmachow

not a doctor

Life of A Match is one hell of a comeback song. Still put it on from time to time. Always strikes a chord.