Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Matches Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Apr 6, 2016.

1. ooooh i want those Decomposer goodies too

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

3. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I remember when this video came out, I watched it a ton. I honestly think I might prefer this performance to the album version slightly.

I wonder if the band is completely dead after whatever 10 year plans they have for ABIH are over. I’m kinda getting a feeling they might not even play shows for this one.

4. irthesteve

I'm listening to Precomposer for the first time right now and it's pretty fucking cool, these demos are SO different in most cases

5. nohandstoholdonto

It was definitely cool to hear some of those differences, for the most part I think they were absolutely correct to make the changes they made, but I’m a little bummed out that the Didi Pt 1 & 2 suite didn’t make the record. I’d cut You (Don’t) Know Me, which has always been my least favorite on the album, in favor of that.

irthesteve likes this.
  6. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

You (Don’t) Know Me is my favorite on the record. Probably my favorite thing the band has done.

Jackbo487 and mattylikesfilms like this.
  7. irthesteve

That song is possibly their worst song, what a mess

8. irthesteve

Sorry, Lazier Than The Furniture is actually their worst song, You Don't Know a close second though

9. nohandstoholdonto

I’m into Lazier, I’d say their worst song is Say 18 but it’s mostly bc the lyrics make it impossible for me to listen to anymore. You Don’t Know Me is probably second off the top of my head tho. I don’t hate it but it’s not really my thing.

10. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Lazier Than Furniture is pop-punk Blood Brothers. What's not to love?

And You (Don't) Know Me is weird but still catchy and infectious, everything that's great about The Matches. Plus how can you not enjoy such obvious B-52's influence?

11. irthesteve

I mean, influences or not... I just think they are bad songs

12. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I miss this band and also regret not buying their handmade soap when seeing them on tour, the curiousness is still within me

13. irthesteve

Listened to Don't Shake My Hand.... today and it's really awesome also!! I wish more bands did demos releases like this, gives really cool insight into the song's creation

14. Jackbo487

Regular

feels like they're up to something once again, their social media pages have been sharing what looks like lyrics to something, perhaps another new self-referential song (since it references the names from Sick Little Suicide and What Katie Said), possibly a December is for Cynics redux or something? cryptic as always

15. irthesteve

Gimme a tour and album, ok thanks

StuffinCups and LessThanTrevor like this.
  16. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

by some miracle the ABIH is still up for sale so i grabbed one but I wasn’t able to get the download link?

Anyone know where I can find it? I checked the emailed receipt and didn’t see anything there.

17. Jackbo487

Regular

Caught the premiere of the Bleeding Audio documentary on the Matches on Saturday and it's *really* good. I'm not objective -- I was a part of the band's scene in Oakland in the early 2000s -- but I think the doc will appeal to those who really care about the band and those who might have caught a Warped set that one time. Some great sound bytes from Mark Hoppus, Nick Hexum and some other relevant industry types as well.

Whenever this ends up in a wider release/streaming/etc., be sure to check it out!

18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Awesome to hear! I've been following the process for a few years now on social media so I'm excited that this is finally coming out.

I too was part of the band's scene in Oakland in the early 2000s (iMusicast forever) so this band holds a sentimental place in my heart.

Jackbo487 likes this.
  19. CstSnow

Regular Supporter

I'm sure you're aware but I've noticed a bunch more of the iMusicast broadcasts have popped up on Youtube recently. Such great memories.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  20. Jackbo487

Regular

oh yeah, that's been great to see.

CstSnow and mattylikesfilms like this.
  21. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yeah, it's been awesome!! I watched a Thought Crime set and I was immediately transported to 2004 haha

Such great memories indeed :-)

CstSnow and Jackbo487 like this.
  22. lava890

Regular Supporter

Their livestream is on right now on the Bleeding Audio facebook page.

23. spookymulder

iambirthdaydad.bandcamp.com

Bleeding Audio is fantastic. I attended the virtual screening this weekend. Asked about Megan is Mean at the QandA after and they laughed and said it’s not them but Shawn recently wrote a song called Megan is Mean to reclaim it

Jackbo487 and mattylikesfilms like this.
  24. irthesteve

25. lava890

Regular Supporter

Did they get asked anything or say anything more about their manager who didn’t register most of their songs?