Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Matches Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Apr 6, 2016.

1. The Matches is a United States-based pop punk band formed in 1997 in Oakland, California. The band is composed of vocalist and rhythm guitarist Shawn Harris, lead guitarist and backup vocalist Jonathan Devoto, bassist Justin San Souci, and drummer Matt Whalen. The Matches have released three studio albums and are currently unsigned after their contract with Epitaph Records expired.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  2. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Decomposer is so underrated. it feels like the people that know about it absolute adore it. E Von Dahl is also a really well made pop punk/rock album. Shawn Harris is one of the strangest, most extravagant frontmen in this scene.

SpeckledSouls likes this.
  3. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

4. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

One of the most underrated bands out there. Stellar discography, insanely great songwriting. Papercut Skin is probably one of the greatest anthems of our scene.

muttley likes this.
  5. muttley

Not sure if I'm going to make it to the LA show next month. Fingers crossed.

6. i'll be there!

7. muttley

8. Yeah, I do. But I bought 4 tickets on a whim so I'm taking my 3 brothers on a bro'dtrip down there for the show/Vegas/LA weekend adventure, ha. Luckily, they love The Matches too, haha.

9. muttley

Nice. That's one heck of a pilgrimage. I had a ticket for Friday so if that's your night, maybe I'll see ya there.

10. yup, i'll be there for the friday show!

muttley likes this.
  11. muttley

12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

it's for Decomposer vinyl

muttley and bradsonemanband like this.
  13. muttley

Saw that this morning. If I was into vinyl, I'd be stoked.

14. muttley

Not so secret show?

15. irthesteve

Yeah definitely a few songs, not a whole show though

16. muttley

I love this band.

17. Such a fun show tonight!!!

muttley likes this.
  18. muttley

I'd like to see them again tomorrow but I think it's sold out. And I can't afford it.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  19. cutterbutter

LA: If you went night 1 and can prove it you can go night 2 for $10

• the matches LA... That was a blast. How great is @teragramla? What a room. Your energy was so amazing, we want you back tomorrow... We want to record the set, so your participation is what makes a live recording a cool live version a fucking amazing recorded show. We are serious with what Shawn said... If you have a ticket from tonight and were in the fence about night two, email me dustofftheseshoes@gmail.com, tell me you want to come back! Bring a friend... Bring two, I'll get you name at the door for $10. But you have to show you went tonight and you must song so loud that we hear you on the recording. We want you back!!! #Decomposer #Recomposer#10yearcomposer

bradsonemanband likes this.
  20. muttley Sep 18, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 21, 2017)
    muttley

The band is teasing something on Facebook. Pretty sure it says "one night only" so I imagine they're playing a show in the near future. I'm guessing it's going to be in the Bay Area if there's only one.

Edit: not sure if it's a show or what now. Maybe it's the film they've been working on.

21. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

They’re teasing something again:

muttley and SlappinCups like this.
  22. irthesteve

A Band In Hope tour or shows

KidLightning and muttley like this.
  23. muttley

Can’t wait. Hopefully there’s a show in LA so I can go.

24. irthesteve

KidLightning likes this.
  25. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

if anyone orders it (and/or ordered Decomposer) and would be willing to share the demos/bonus tracks, pls hit me up. I love this band and their albums but haven’t had the money to spare on vinyl for a long time now.

irthesteve and bradsonemanband like this.