Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Many Saints of Newark (Sopranos prequel, Alan Taylor, September 24, 2021) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by oldjersey, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I don’t care for that logo.

2. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I would enjoy a trailer, considering this comes out in 3 months.

soggytime and OotyPa like this.
  3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

yeah seriously what the hell

4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

just kinda feel like they want to make it as obvious as possible that this is related to the sopranos - there has been literally none, and i mean absofuckinglutely no promo about this anywhere that i've read, save for an article here and there. i'd wager most fans of the show have no idea that its coming, and will see it pop up on HBOmax and be like oh?

Cameron likes this.
  5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

also i guess i completely missed that Vera Farmiga is in this playing a young Livia?? hell yeah (per wikipedia...her character is unlisted on imdb)

CarpetElf likes this.
  6. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

This is the number one reason I’m anxious this will be good. Seems strange not to promote unless they’re worried how it’ll do.

7. Morrissey

Trusted

Alan Taylor made the Terminator movie that everyone hates and the Thor movie everyone says is one of the worst in the Marvel series. It is probably not going to end well.

8. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

[​IMG]

9. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

I believe they had to postpone production due to Covid so could be answer to lack of trailer.

would guess it gets pushed back?

10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

my expectation of this is that it will be a decent nod to the show, with a lot of show references and fan service, and tell a story entertaining enough for my 2 hours. not expecting an oscar nominee here.

11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

pretty sure it is currently slated for a 3/12/21 release. already got pushed back once from september.

Dan Quinlan likes this.
  12. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Alan Taylor is what worries me the most. I know he directed a few episodes of the show, but he historically isn’t that great of a director. Funny though, he spoke at my college like a decade ago and said Matthew Fox was a total dickhead when he was on LOST

13. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

In terms of quality, I feel like we’re going to get something like El Camino. Good, not great expansion of the world that feels like a made for tv movie

14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah agreed, good comparison.

15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

[​IMG]

Kyle Max likes this.
  16. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I hated El Camino tbh but yeah I see your point. Definitely not expecting a Sopranos-quality film though that’d be a dream.

17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I think I liked El Camino way more having watched it coming right off of a series re-watch. if I had watched it on its own after having not watched the show for 6 years I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much.

18. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Would have preferred an actual prequel show, but I understand the material needs to be there and Chase clearly didn’t want to devote the time.

19. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I liked it for what it was. Felt bad for the shit Plemons took being heavier. I just can’t stand Scott MacArthur as a villain. Tough to go from Gus, to Nazis, to him.

20. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

El Camino was a great postscript to the series

Cameron and CarpetElf like this.
  21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

9/24

22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

[​IMG]

23. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

Damn, I just started my rewatch hoping to finish around the time of the release. I should have assumed it’d be pushed back.

24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah figured it would happen. We’ve seen nothing so far

25. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

this movie is never coming out lol