Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Mandalorian (Disney+) TV Show • Page 99

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Oct 4, 2018.

1. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

After reading that Vanity Fair article, I’m tickled at the idea that the epilogue of Rebels may actually take place waaay in the future and after her appearance in Mando.

2. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

He will probably die saving baby yoda. Will probably hand him over to someone else he can trust

3. Dodge725

Trusted

I think the show has done a great job of being relatively procedural in the plots, but very serialized in the characters/emotions, which is what has made it so successful. He goes on a side quest or adventure of the week and learns something or goes through growth, which then provides more meaning and insight into the next episode. The helmet lift to drink in episode 4 this season is an example of a scene that has a ton more weight for him after meeting Bo-Katan and having his beliefs challenged. Also remember season 1 was viewed as a bunch of side quests and all of them have now either been revisited or shown to add to the main story, in addition to the character building done at the time they aired.

coleslawed, SpyKi, angrycandy and 5 others like this.
  4. bodkins

Trusted

100% agree. Episodes that are often regarded as standalone/filler (Chapters4/6 among others) often give us most insight to his character/backstory.

coleslawed likes this.
  5. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

In regards to that Vanity Fair article, I love how Filoni hints at this stuff taking place prior to the Rebels epilogue.

bodkins likes this.
  6. That's interesting because for some reason I had it in my head that the rebels epilogue was three years after ROTJ. Must have made it up.

7. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I’ll say this. My friend that was always completely indifferent to Star Wars has now been converted due to the show. He just watched all the movies and is going through clone wars in the last 3 days. Asking a million questions. Says that all his friends that weren’t into Star Wars are now into it too. And all just based on getting into the mandalorian.

angrycandy and bodkins like this.
  8. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

y'all can't call mando din and baby yoda not by his name or vice versa, keep it consistent

it's mando and baby yoda for me, fuck the formalities

9. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Yeah it’s always baby yoda

10. flask

Trusted Supporter

respect this foos name damn

11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

mando and BY for me

12. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

It's Din and Grogu now

aoftbsten likes this.
  13. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

somehow I missed his name was Din

SpyKi and stars143 like this.
  14. JRShoenberger

Trusted

So were Kanan and Grogu in the academy together??? That’s a flashback we all need.

coleslawed likes this.
  15. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I need to rewatch Rebels just because there seem to be more tie-ins happening all the time, and I don't really feel like I gave it my full attention the first time through. I had binged both Rebels and The Clone Wars for the first time, back-to-back....so I was a little fatigued by that point.

16. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Roughly how old is Ahsoka supposed to be during this?

17. Tyler

Regular Supporter

She's 14 in the Clone Wars movie so like late 40s?

18. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

She's about mid-40's I believe.

stars143 and Kyle Max like this.
  19. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

So she's 17 in the Clone Wars finale I believe. There's 19 years to New Hope, then another 11 to the current timeline. I think she's around 47.

20. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

my biggest complaint with this episode was that Ashoka never clarified that she’s not actually a Jedi, which also would have been a great excuse to not train Grogu as one (but would have been rad for her to offer to train him in a “third way” of the Force).

21. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Eh, i kinda was thinking that too, but she knew she was talking to someone who had no idea what she was talking about and prob just didn't want him to drown in semantics haha

stars143 likes this.
  22. bodkins

Trusted

I interpreted it like this. Major fans already know she left the order. General watchers assume everyone with a lightsaber who isn’t evil is a jedi. By acknowledging she’s not a Jedi, it feels like they’d have to do some unpacking for the general audience and I’m not sure that would’ve been a good thing for the episode. Also, she would’ve had to tell Mando as well as Morgan she wasn’t a Jedi. Would’ve just been an episode of her saying “I’m not a Jedi” over and over. That’s my take at least.

In the Vanity Fair interview, Filoni said something along the lines of people taking the “I’m no Jedi” line a little too far. Essentially that she embodies what a Jedi should be whether she embraces the classification or not. Perhaps this version of Ahsoka all these years later is a little more ok with being “the Jedi”. I think we’ll get some more clarification on this later.

coleslawed and stars143 like this.
  23. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Is there a presumption that someone who is particularly force-sensitive can't fully tap into their power without proper training? Obviously you'd need training to *control* it fully, but that would just make me even more wary if I came across someone who is inherently powerful but doesn't know how to utilize it. Seems like it's just asking for an inevitable disaster, eg that person becoming upset and going on a killing spree.

coleslawed likes this.
  24. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

25. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

My son will not accept that his name is Grogu. He doesn’t watch the show so he doesn’t believe me

Kyle Max likes this.