Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Mandalorian (Disney+) TV Show • Page 98

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Isn’t the “one foot in each lane” basically how most shows are, or were before steaming turned many tv shows into basically 10hr movies. You have a long-term arc that the characters gradually move on while also getting caught up in side plots.

coleslawed, SpyKi, stars143 and 3 others like this.
  2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah Herzog too, too bad he's gone

Your Milkshake likes this.
  3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

When one of the absolute best performances on your show is given by a small puppet, you may have a casting problem lol

Your Milkshake likes this.
  4. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah it’s just more prevalent in shit like NCIS and shit.

I personally don’t ever gravitate to procedurals like that.

I did originally have grand delusions that Mandalorian would be able to pull off something akin to Cowboy Bebop or Justified or something.

5. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I dunno, the idea of someone who doesn't really understand the force trying to help someone learn how to use is different from the skywalker saga and could have some interesting outcomes in my eyes.

6. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Maybe a hot take, but I'm not all that impressed with Pedro in this show. I understand that they are going for a stoic badass type character, but his delivery is super wooden.

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

RD touches (briefly) on the allegations against her in this VF article

atticusfinch, stars143 and RJ Knorr like this.
  8. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

That’s the point though, he’s supposed to be an indifferent loner and Pedro nails that imo.

9. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Sure, but there's a way to do that without sounding monotoned most of the time.

10. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

It also really adds to those times that emotion really does come out, like when he was so proud of Grogu this episode.

11. DarkHotline

Well he’s also wearing a helmet so I don’t know how animated his voice is supposed to sound wearing it.

12. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I feel like last season had more side quests or at least as many as this season has had. I don’t think it’s gone too far in that direction. It feels the same as S1 in that regard.

imthesheriff and aoftbsten like this.
  13. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Of the first season - the first 3 episodes and the last 2 episodes felt more like primary plot than “side quests”. They were also the best episodes.

sawhney[rusted]2 and DarkHotline like this.
  14. DarkHotline

I’d say it was 50/50

15. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I'm not saying he's been awful. There have been good moments. It's just that overall his performance hasn't done much for me.

16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Is Pedro still out of this? Are we getting a ‘new’ Mando in season 3?

17. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Pedro has never been "out of this". Stay away from the click-bait.

xapplexpiex, coleslawed and bodkins like this.
  18. I do hope him meeting bo katan makes him question the way and we get to see some pedro down the line.

19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Lol its tough to when it all finds its way into these threads anyway. Happy to hear thats all it was though.

bodkins likes this.
  20. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Same

spiffa0 likes this.
  21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

My wife rewatched the finale of last season before starting this one and i completely forgot he was unmasked in the finale for a minute, caught me be surprise haha. That said, i do hope for more maskless mando scenes as well.

spiffa0 likes this.
  22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Mando is the only person who i will advocate to remove their mask

23. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Huh?

24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Disregard - a supposed click bait article was posted in here a while back claiming that pedro had left the show or something and like a real goober i took the bait.

25. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

I really do feel like the only logical culmination of the show at this point is Din becoming the next Mandalore and uniting the Mandalorians again, or at least becoming close with Bo and helping her achieve it.

bodkins likes this.