Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Mandalorian (Disney+) TV Show • Page 87

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Oct 4, 2018.

1. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Question: Did I miss something? How did uniting the child with his own kind become bring him to a Jedi? [\spoiler]

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  2. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Clone Wars and Rebels. Get on it! They are both fantastic.

Seems like more will be paying off from watching them soon.

3. Greg

So the next ep or whatever one she is in will definitely be called “The Apprentice”, right?

4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Me to this season:

[​IMG]

neo506 and LightWithoutHeat like this.
  5. bodkins

Trusted

The armorer was ambiguous with whether his kind meant species or jedi.

coleslawed and Mrk_Brdshw like this.
  6. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

So far so good

7. Greg

8. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Yes lol

The episodes are i guess objectively ‘good’ but in an 8 episode 30 min episode season waiting until ep4 to legitimately advance the plot is lame and i bet we dont see asoka until the end of the episode.

9. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

We are on episode 3 of 8 and things have definitely happened already.

10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i mean i said what i said it’s fine to disagree but so far this season is a snoozefest for me

11. Greg

I dunno. Feels like a silly complaint when it’s been good to great so far on all three episodes.

I guess if you want Star Wars that “does things” go watch The Rise of Skywalker? Tons of shit happens. It’s not good. But things happen.

I will gladly take these episodes exactly as they are over that type of “plot”
    movement.

The show is interested in doing its own thing at its own pace. I won’t be surprised when they make us wait until episode 5 for Ahsoka.

12. bodkins

Trusted

Besides perhaps a quick look at the end of next week’s episode I highly doubt we see Ahsoka before chapter 13.

13. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I loved the AT AT being converted into a crane

14. bodkins

Trusted

The electric “cyanide pill” was awesome.

15. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

That was awesome.

Cameron likes this.
  16. coleslawed Nov 13, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 13, 2020)
    coleslawed

Eat Pizza

so the Calamari Flan from Chapter 1 is the name of their actual currency, not a food made from Mon Calamari, which is nice

stars143 likes this.
  17. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

HEAVY Annihilation vibes on this Chapter’s soundtrack.

18. She voices her in the clone wars series so it's really cool she did the live action

19. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Solid episode. I really wish I hadn’t read the casting rumors because that would have been an even more awesome surprise. Still loved see Bo’s helmet in live action for the first time either way though.

I can’t say I agree with the ‘nothing is happening’ criticism. Yes, it’s been a slow burn in terms of the plot advancing. But I feel like that should be the expectation after the first season. It’s an adventure serial with more emphasis on gradual character growth than plot.

I personally have really enjoyed the theme of challenging one’s identity that’s been present throughout the season. The first episode challenged Din to reconsider who is worthy of the armor. The second one saw an outsider openly question is integrity as a Mandalorian. And now the identity he’s sworn his life to is brought into question by his own kind. My mind still isn’t blown by the show, but this season has been good stuff. Oh and it’s been really fun too.

20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Titus Welliver took me out of the episode when he appeared. I don’t know why, but I always expect him to talk in a Boston accent.

atticusfinch likes this.
  21. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

The NYT review of the episode points out a neat little nugget. Baby Yoda spends the last episode eating eggs and then this week everything is trying to eat him. Including that giant monster that swallows him whole in his egg pram.

stars143 likes this.
  22. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I don’t feel like “nothing is happening” but I still wish the episodes were a little longer

23. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

this episode was the best of the season and one of the three or so best of the series. wild take.

24. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

I'm going to say s2e1 is the best of the series so far, and this is probably 3rd overall for me. I think s1e6 is my number 2.

25. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

probably my favourite episode of the whole show so far tbh. but that's the Clone Wars fan in me coming out

really immensely curious how Bo-Katan lost the Darksaber without dying too

DefeatTheLow likes this.