Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Mandalorian (Disney+) TV Show • Page 79

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Oct 4, 2018.

1. bodkins

Trusted

He was in the suit “more” this season than last. I’ve heard he was in as little as one scene (where his helmet comes off) last season, so more could be just a few or he could be in quite a lot, who knows. But yea, I think a majority of his role is still voice over.

blast0rama likes this.
  2. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

If this helps...

Sources who are worth believing:
    - Variety
    - The Wrap
    - Deadline
    - The Hollywood Reporter

Sources worth taking with a grain of salt:
    - Slashfilm / Peter Sciretta (Peter usually won't say anything unless he's really sure, but even then, worth taking that salt)
    - Jeremy Conrad (@ManaByte on Twitter, mcucosmic.com, dceumythic.com, starwarsunity.net)
    - @DanielRPK on Twitter (he mostly seems to just source casting materials)

Sources which were good, but now...ehhhhhh....
    -Making Star Wars (EIC of the site got caught in a scandal of trying to chat up younger women)

That's off the top of my head. Am I missing anyone else worth it?

bodkins likes this.
  3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

posting comicbookmovie.com articles should, in my humble opinion, be a bannable offense.

but i also like @Anthony_Soprano

Anthony_Soprano and aoftbsten like this.
  4. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

www.starwarsnewsnet.com is usually pretty good too

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  5. -deleted-

-

I took nothing personal. I didn’t even pay attention to the site that the story was on, we got this covered or whatever it is. Again, it was posted on my twitter feed by someone I know and I recognized only Randolph’s name. Also said it was a bummer to read and hoped it wasn’t true. Came back to responses that were, in my reading experience, laughably angry over what I think was a simple oversight on my part.

No, I don’t regularly follow sites like those, and would happily take recommendations on where to follow news regarding shows like this. Miss me with the passive aggressive nonsense though please. And I don’t mean you.

6. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Can we please direct whatever animosity there is in a star wars thread to the appropriate channels...The Rise of Skywalker? kthxbye

7. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

well deserved. The music for this show is fantastic.

8. Cmoney86

Trusted

coleslawed likes this.
  9. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Jordan Maison is reliable.

Kessel Run Transmissions got the Bad Batch announcement right. They seem like they're at least sincere and not just making shit up like Gr*ce R*ndolph. I relished it when she got called out by the BoP Writer / Director (one of those).

bodkins likes this.
  10. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I did like the music of the series but I wasn’t totally floored or anything. I did really appreciate that it was allowed to be of a totally different style for this universe. The main motif is memorable but it gets a cadence in nearly every track when I checked the ost on Spotify. Whilst watching the show - I don’t remember a ton of the musical content.

11. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Not uh, a huge fan of this fourth episode

12. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah episode 4 and 6 pretty much sucked. luckily the rest were great.

13. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I think 5 was the only one I didn't like that much.

14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Whichever ep was the prison break one was terrible. Some very bad acting.

Your Milkshake likes this.
  15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

the one with Bill Burr? yeah that was a clunker.

I never thought the acting in this show overall was a strong point - Bobby Cannavale's son was d r e a d f u l in his episode.

Your Milkshake likes this.
  16. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i actually liked the prison break one quite a bit.

my biggest issue with the show as a whole is, with the exception of the final two episodes, it’s basically a season full of bottle episodes

17. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

4-6 are the only bottle episodes, and even those serve to reinforce the idea that they will never be safe until the enemy is defeated

18. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I also liked the prison break one. Especially when it kicked into horror movie styling with Mando becoming like...the alien haha

Kyle Max and WanderingSquall like this.
  19. NitrateDawn

Regular

I watched the 3rd episode with some guys from church and whenever Mando did something cool they all had nerdgasms, I remember thinking "I don't think I want the same things out of Star Wars as these people" haha. That one was a yawner for me

20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I loved the 6th episode. It was a great bottle episode that unfortunately happened to come right after another (very meh) bottle episode. Famuyiwa was easily my favorite director of the 1st season. Chapter 2 is probably the best thing from the show.

21. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

episode 3 ruled you crazy person

22. bodkins

Trusted

1-3/7-8 all seemed to push the plot more, while 4-6 provided a good deal of back story, motivation, and insight to Mando. Not to say there wasn’t any plot movement in the middle or no character development on the bookends, just how I seem to remember as I reflect back.

I really enjoy all the chapters (sure some more than others), but I can understand why some of y’all don’t dig the middle batch as much. I liked how they played with genre a little more though I can see how wanting a more concise and more focused narrative could run counter to that. The serial nature just works for me, maybe cuz I’ve heard Lucas talk about that being his intent for Star Wars for as long as I can remember. Really interested to see how S2 flows.

coleslawed likes this.
  23. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m very fine with some serialized stuff for this kind of show. Day to day life as a bounty hunter in the SW universe is interesting.

I like episode 5.

bodkins likes this.
  24. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I don’t remember which episode is which besides the prison break one. Probably my fave if I had to pick. I don’t remember disliking any. I need to rewatch

aoftbsten and bodkins like this.
  25. I loved the reveal of the darksaber

RJ Knorr, bodkins and Kyle Max like this.