Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Mandalorian (Disney+) TV Show • Page 69

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Poop

2. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I definitely like it a lot, but I think it's mostly the tone of the show that I really enjoy. This feels like the direction I thought SW would have taken after the original trilogy and not gotten quite so kiddie with the prequels and the cartoons. It still has its comedic moments, but it's not straight up goofy like some of the parts of the newer movies.

Your Milkshake likes this.
  3. I would argue that the cartoons aren't that kiddie. Yes, you have the Jar Jar episodes or the droid episodes, but a lot of times they are pretty heavy and violent.

4. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I'm only in season 2 of Rebels but I agree. and Clone Wars got pretty philosophical with the deep dives of the force.

coleslawed and spiffa0 like this.
  5. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Sorry, "kiddie" was probably the wrong word to use for the cartoons, but they just have a lot more heartwarming moments and are a little more fun. They're just overall lighter than the Mandalorian but they still have some pretty dark and twisted moments spread throughout the two shows. Some of the clone deaths are probably more gruesome than anything on Mando. haha.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Outside of cute pictures of the baby, same. Very much another straight in and out of my head show. I won’t give it much thought until next year when I try to figure out if my free membership will last through the whole second season.

8. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Finally got around to watching all of this and finished it yesterday. I enjoyed it quite a bit but didn’t LOVE it really. I think it’s because it didn’t connect with me emotionally in any way.

9. -deleted-

-

Honestly was most hyped to see Iden Versio on that cast sheet than anyone.

Bossk was a close second.

10. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

GrantCloud likes this.
  11. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

uh... no.

12. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

We already had a baby Hutt.

coleslawed likes this.
  13. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

No the hell it ain’t

14. databank_rottathehuttlet_01_169_9d6f6e21.jpeg

Rowan5215 likes this.
  15. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Ok nerds

act like we can’t just retcon the fuck outta rotta

16. bodkins

Trusted

Stinky!

Greg likes this.
  17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

back october

Cameron and oncenowagain like this.
  18. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh good. I can start it on my free year and hopefully my dad’s will include the rest of the season.

19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

but.....thats 8 months from now.

oncenowagain likes this.
  20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

It sounds like Bob just hinted at the possibility of Mandalorian spin-offs. I think he just said SW content could appear on Hulu too (may have misheard that).

21. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Finally making my way through this. The main score reminds me of Bill Conti's Going the Distance.

22. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I just finished this, really great finale. definitely may have squealed when I saw the Darksaber even though I knew it was coming. Prison-break/transport ship ep was my favourite

aoftbsten likes this.
  23. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I want to watch this again

24. GBlades

Trusted

coleslawed and theagentcoma like this.
  25. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Still feeling this way.