Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Mandalorian (Disney+) TV Show • Page 51

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Dodge725

Trusted

I also think looking at this show as a movie with 3 act structure is important. The 1st 3 episodes felt like the first act introducing the characters and what their arcs are going to be, these last 2 have seemed like the 2nd act where they go on adventures while learning and growing, and that last reveal seems to hint at the 3rd act where he will put together the lessons he learned along the way against a larger antagonist.

It’s really fun to watch this week to week and discuss it, but I think it will end up working even better as one long 4-5 hour movie.

coleslawed likes this.
  2. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

I agree binging will help however the second act should also have rising conflict for the third act to resolve and this “2nd act” hasn’t really given us much. Village raiders and wannabe bounty hunter that never felt like a threat. The first three episodes each had more adversity for the Mando to overcome than the last two combined in my opinion.

I dug the character development/fun adventure in Sanctuary, overall enjoyed this one, and next episode will definitely give us that greater conflict and more threatening antagonist hopefully, but if we are going to use the movie act structure to judge I’d consider this a weak second act so far.

3. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

I liked this episode a lot I have to say.

I dug Amy Sedaris.

sawhney[rusted]2, Cameron and Dodger like this.
  4. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

Sameeeeeee my guy.

I felt fan serviced in the best way.

bodkins likes this.
  5. Dodger

Listening to Jedicouncils review and they eluded to Toro wanting to become a bounty hunter so bad and thinking about it more I think it could made the episode a little more impactful if him and Mando had a brief conversation about the state of the galaxy and the new republic for why this is the only way to survive in it or something of the sort. Maybe Mando agrees and we get more of his opinions on the state of the galaxy.

Maybe trying to have us empathize with the character Mando kills undercuts that but would’ve been nice to have a serious conversation between the two where the Mando revealed something about himself.

aoftbsten likes this.
  6. Dodger

Also these aren’t things i care too much about but Ace brought up a good point. Where was Mandos pulse rifle? I feel like that’s something you would’ve brought when trying to kill somebody you know is a sniper.

7. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Pulse Rifle disintegrates. One could assume the bounty on Fennec was for her alive, which kinda rules out the use of the Pulse Rifle

8. Dodger

Great point as he does mention she’s no good dead. Thatll be my rationale so thanks! Does it only disintegrate though. Also it does have a scope which he’s used to just to do recon.

9. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

This was easily my least favourite so far.

10. Dog with a Blog

I’m not against these episodes being more procedural, in theory, but when it’s only an 8 episode season it does sorta leave me wanting

NitrateDawn and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  11. pbueddi

Trusted

Loved this episode, but man it felt short. I wanted more! Agree that the young bounty hunter was terrible though.

12. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I’m guessing Baby Yoda is going to get taken away from him in the next episode.

coleslawed and Dodger like this.
  13. Dodger

I could see that. Then he recruits Cara, IG-11, and Greef to get him back or something like that.

14. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Plus all the other Mandalorians. I want to know what, if any, consequences were put upon them for Mando’s actions.

I’m fine with bottle episode’s like this one, but I wouldn’t mind seeing them from some other perspectives. Give me a Cara Dune episode or another one of the Mandalorians. An IG-11 episode could be fun too. Doesn’t seem like it’ll happen this season, but hopefully next.

15. Dodger

I’d like that if we had longer seasons, but with 8 episodes I’d like it to focus on the Mandalorian all the way through

16. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Agreed. Shows like Rebels had the time to give stand-alone episodes to the supporting cast. Here, Mando needs to be prominent all the way through with how little time we have in each season.

Dodger, RJ Knorr and Jason Tate like this.
  17. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I find it very strange that they went for the tight episode count and length of current serialized shows but are using adventure of the week storytelling.

18. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Baby Yoda merch at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

83DCA8D2-E4BC-477F-BEE0-A26D3D9A8EBF.jpeg

F8845469-5586-420E-98AC-7B0574707621.jpeg

18F0CA0C-A6C2-4E94-8183-20BD60849ED6.jpeg

19. mescalineeyes

20. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

21. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

great ep

22. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

23. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Do people understand that the Baby Yoda arc has to wrap at some point? Like, whether this goes on for 2 seasons or 10, the whole show can't revolve around Mando protecting the child? As much as I love Baby Yoda, that story has to resolve or close at some point. Whether he returns safely with what's left of his species, lives somewhere safely, or god forbid..........dies?

Once it does wrap, wait for the backlash and calls to #remakethemandalorian and #bringbabyyodaback

24. mescalineeyes

I thought him and baby Yoda were essentially the protagonists.

SpyKi, coleslawed and Anthony_Soprano like this.
  25. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

i don’t think baby yoda is in it for the long haul. I think it’s a convenient prop to speed up our investment in mando.