Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Mandalorian (Disney+) TV Show • Page 49

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Oct 4, 2018.

1. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Thought this posted earlier, but Baby Yoda is already babbling and it’s the cutest sound in the world, so I’m sure the actual voice will be beyond words adorable.

Also Bryce Dallas Howard gave an interview that mentioned Pedro wasn’t in the suit for a lot of filming for episode four, which is a pretty big surprise to me. Not just a stunt double but a body double as well while he was filming something else.

coleslawed likes this.
  2. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I swear they already announced that it was going to air that Wednesday?

bodkins and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  3. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

1. intimidation
    2. visibility at night

4. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

You're right. It's been scheduled for the 18th since the release schedule was announced.

aoftbsten likes this.
  5. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

It’s a double for almost all of the show

6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Do you have a source for that? This is the first I’m hearing about it, and everything else I remember reading before it came out said just the opposite. So much of this role is only in the physicality and ability to convey emotion without facial cues, so if it isn’t him I’d like to know who it is.

7. Ed59_

Regular

Zavvi UK

(UK) Baby Yoda plush and funko preorder. May 2020 release :’(

8. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

RIP Ming-Na Wen :’(

coleslawed, aoftbsten and ghostedaway like this.
  9. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

Totally forgot it was Friday, and am currently at work. Tapping on this spoiler is 100% on me. Whoops.

10. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Yea, that didn’t last long.

11. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Alright Filoni, who was that at the end. Are we placing bets on existing character or new one?

bodkins likes this.
  12. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Enjoyed this episode. My one gripe with the past two episodes though is some baaaaad acting from the smaller characters.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  13. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Existing is my guess

14. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Because of the planet they were on, there was one obvious guess but I can’t imagine that’s right.

15. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

It’s Giancarlo Esposito’s character. Outfits match from the promos.

coleslawed and bodkins like this.
  16. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I enjoyed the episode. I’d rank it above ep 4 but still below the first 3. It was also nice to see Tatooine again.

17. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I demand a Hondo Ohnaka appearance. We know he’s still thriving thanks to Galaxys Edge.

18. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

it’s Giancarlo Esposito

19. bodkins

Trusted

So glad to see Tatooine again. When he said Mos Eisley I lost my shit haha. Cool nod to Beggars Canyon at the end, too.

coleslawed, atticusfinch and Dodger like this.
  20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Solid episode. It was funny to see the Cantina is operated by a droid now and someone actually interacting with Tuskan Raiders in a non-violent way. I was hoping to see more of Ming Na Wen, but I guess she's a goner.

coleslawed and bodkins like this.
  21. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I didn't like the episode at all. I was very disappointed. I hardly ever say this when it comes to Star Wars. Putting Ming Na Wen in Star Wars for 5 minutes pisses me off too.

22. tvck

Trusted

I’m guessing the last 4 eps are gonna have the main antagonist involved so hopefully the story moves a little more. I enjoyed it though.

23. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Def enjoyed it
    - echo the love for going back to revisit this planet and all the familiar creatures and places after the OG trilogy.
    -Dug the cold open.
    - The shots on the speeders looked awesome.
    - loved the music on this one

Other than that this was easily my least favorite.

Minor characters and acting didn’t click for me. I don’t mind the serial adventures but this wasn’t that fun of an adventure to me really and didn’t really feel like we learned anything new about the character and the overall narrative didn’t progress enough.

I dig the tease at the end to at least make the episode feel like it will be important going forward but this will probably be my least revisited.

With only three episodes left once again i think the baby Yoda storyline will leave on a cliffhanger and continue in season 2.

24. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

25. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I agree with all of this. I enjoyed it overall, but it's the first time the overall story really seemed to stagnate. Hard to say depending on what happens the next three episodes, but it feels like chapter four and five could have switched spots and the season might flow better (first he's getting chased around by bounty hunters on known worlds, then he has to find the place no one will find him and still gets found).

Dodger likes this.