Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Mandalorian (Disney+) TV Show • Page 142

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Oct 4, 2018.

1. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

That’s why Yoda finally gave into Anakin despite him being a brat. He needed to train Luke so Luke will rescue him and train him as Grogu.

2. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

My big take away from the new Disney Gallery episode: Robert Rodriguez kinda rules.

3. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Man same here and I kinda had a dislike for him prior for no real reason.

As stupid and cheesy as it sounds, if I would have seen this like 15 years ago I think I would have tried to go into filmmaking. Seeing this made me want to make movies. Just seeing how much detail they put into everything and how much they love what they are doing. Seems awesome.

beachdude and blast0rama like this.
  4. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

This is something I try to remind myself with even bad movies: people worked hard to make something really good.

5. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Yeah this show as a whole makes me think of Spielberg, in the sense that his best movies are mainstream-escapist-entertainment done right, which is an art unto itself

beachdude and blast0rama like this.
  6. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Just watched the making of season 2. I really love the behind the scenes look. Only part I was bummed about was they didn’t show or really touch on bringing back Luke. I wanted to hear what it meant for them.

beachdude and bodkins like this.
  7. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

This the Gallery thing again? Didn't know they put out S2 yet. Will definitely check it out.

8. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

there’s going to be more episodes of bts s2 I think

9. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Apparently there are other actors playing Mando in this show? Somebody left a comment to some S2 finale reaction video saying "And Kat, you are correct, for all the action, it is all Lateef Crowder (he usually answers questions after episodes on his instagram page) he is thicker than Pedro and Brendan (the other double). When you see Mando walking around, it is normally Brendan. When you see Pedro in the suit, he is usually standing or walking" - this I did not know; thought it was all Pascal doing the acting

10. bodkins

Trusted

Pedro shot very few scenes last year and seemed to be in a lot more this season. That said, yea there are a total of three actors playing him.

11. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Yeah. I think he mostly does voice acting and they rotate other folks in.

12. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I'm not so sure there's going to be. Did you see that somewhere? I got the impression that this was the only episode for this season because the name of the episode was just The Making of the Mandalorian Season 2.

13. Furry Werthers

Trusted

Makes sense to me, I'd imagine Pedro commands a heavier paycheck than either of them, better to have a double do the work if they're wearing a helmet anyway.

14. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

15. bodkins

Trusted

Haha y'all are ridiculous ly hilarious

16. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Meanwhile

angrycandy likes this.
  17. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Yeah, the internet clips of Deepfake Tarkin and Leia in Rogue One are pretty impressive as well.

Someone also used it to put Harrison Ford’s face in Solo.

It’s...unsettling.

Kyle Max likes this.
  18. I’ve long wondered if they don’t make it more real due to the likeness rights issues and legal stuff, it’s one reason I think they should just recast instead.

coleslawed and stars143 like this.
  19. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

tomdelonge and Ferrari333SP like this.
  20. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

the face itself looks better in the deep fakes, but neither one really nails the mouth movements.

Nyquist and beachdude like this.
  21. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Yeah, I remember watching one of those videos where a group of FX artists critique things like this and they talked a bit about how the mouth is and always will be the most difficult part of the face to replicate because of the number of muscles working all at once and its rubbery movement. It’s just so hard to get exactly right.

Mrk_Brdshw, coleslawed and beachdude like this.
  22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Drinking Stella like a true king

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  24. That picture is amazing haha

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  25. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

they did a good job social distancing