Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Maine Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Slangster, Jun 23, 2016.

1. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Man, this comparison is unfathomable to me in terms of quality but to each their own.

2. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

OH! You're in for a treat man!! Many people say that s/t is one of the best alt-rock albums of all time, but I'm personally more partial to Blue. They dropped off after that but have good songs here and there.

Daniel182 likes this.
  3. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

You should! Third Eye Blind is my favorite band, and their past couple releases totally have my stamp of approval!

Mr. Serotonin and Daniel182 like this.
  4. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Well? We've all been patiently waiting your answer :crylaugh:

Also, how was the show?

5. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Reallyyyy hoping this leaks soon.

I'm planning on hitting the pop-up shop in Chicago next week to pick up the limited CD.

6. Mikeydude91

Out of the Vein is hands down my favorite album of all time. Self titled is great but give Out of the Vein a spin

trevorshmevor likes this.
  7. sawhney[rusted]2

I have, I just wasn't too huge of a fan of it. Even though I'd def say Blinded is a top 5 TEB track

8. andrew.elofson

No album leak :( but the show itself was fucking phenomenal. I'll be writing a full recap in the LLL tour thread once our pictures come back. So honored to have kicked off the first day of their tour, they're really awesome guys for allowing us on the show.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  9. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Best 3eb bside- "My Time In Exile. I remember watching the DVD and listening to the menu screen on repeat wondering what the song was

10. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Was just thinking about a leak. Surprised this isn't out there yet. Cheers to them.

11. I remember them being super bummed when CSWS leaked, they wound up just deciding to sell it on the tour they were on to combat it. With B&W being on a major, I don't think there was any surprise when that one got out there. But since then I think they make it a point to be pretty careful about who gets their hands on the music prior to release.

12. I think pre-orders are starting to go out so maybe expect a leak in the next couple of days.

13. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

I've had a press copy for maybe a week now, and it's fantastic. "The Sound of Reverie" might be one of my favourite things they've ever written in terms of melody - instantly immersive and hook-laden.

14. Mr. Serotonin

Crazy that this hasn't leaked. Good for them, but FUCK i'm impatient :crylaugh:

trevorshmevor likes this.
  15. Yeah the other day the drip drip thread and this one got bumped at the same time and I about shit

16. sawhney[rusted]2

I am sooooooooo ready for this album to hit at the perfect time for this beautiful weather and to blast this during all my BBQ sessions!!!!!!!!!

17. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

You just gave me a great idea.

18. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I'm so excited for this. I haven't listened to any of the clips either. My friend got an advanced copy and said this is his favorite album he's heard so far this year and that it's definitely their best work yet.

19. sawhney[rusted]2

How big of a fan were they before? And that's awesomeeeee news.

20. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I know he's followed them since "The Way We Talk" EP. He was obsessed with that back in the day an actually got me into them bc of that EP. He mentioned that he loved 'Can't Stop Won't Stop' and lost interest during the 'Black and White'. He liked 'Pioneer' a lot (I think/can't remember). 'Forever Halloween' was a nice direction and he loved 'American Candy'. Literally just had that convo with him bc he was talking about the new album haha.

Wouldn't say they're his favorite band ever, but I would say he's a little more than a casual listener. Definitely more than me.

21. Mr. Serotonin

22. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I've seen lots of good reviews about LLL and want to listen but I can wait a day. Big day for releases tomorrow... Really excited for this, Kendrick, FJM, and The Flatliners.

23. Mr. Serotonin Apr 6, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 6, 2017)
    Mr. Serotonin

I'll listen today if I can :teethsmile:

24. septimus

Lives up to the hype in my opinion. Damn good album.

josephcissell and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  25. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I won't have a chance to listen until way later tonight. :(

Staying out of this thread until then, haha.