Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Maine Band • Page 40

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Slangster, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

It’s under this application Pillar that you got a free month of if you pre-ordered a copy of the latest album...

2. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Is it out anywhere else yet?

3. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

No it’s an exclusive through the app

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  4. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

meggers likes this.
  5. meggers

Trusted

For the vinyl collectors, the 7 inch of the Stay Up, Get Down EP is for sale on the 8123 website.

Matt504 likes this.
  6. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Matt504 likes this.
  7. I feel like this band has a pattern of marketing all these fan events that end up being really boring especially for those who aren't really big fans.

I don't know what it is about this band, they really lost their magic with the last album for me.

Brent likes this.
  8. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I still think it's a great album just my mood rarely reflects wanting to spin it as it's a bit more 'moody'. LLL I can spin for days and is an instant uplifter for me.

9. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

LLL is better, but You Are OK is still top tier for me. Like Pinkerton to Blue. Don’t @ me.

10. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Agree. LLL is better but You Are Ok was a very worth follow up

11. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

I have barely gone back to You Are Ok at all save for a few songs now and then. I return to Lovely Little Lonely routinely.

12. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

I’m interested in this one since they explicitly say the event will include a “schedule of events” for 2020 including music/etc.

13. BenSmith94

Trusted

I thought LLL was fine, but You Are Ok was excellent.

14. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Sadly, YAO has had zero staying power for me. I still enjoy it when it comes on, but I haven't really gone out of the way to play it in a long time. Slip the Noose, My Best Habit, Heaven, and Flowers are all top tier The Maine though.

earthlight and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  15. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I think of LLL more as 'The Album' that did it for me for this band, but YAO every time I throw it on, completely bangs.

earthlight and iiiii623498 like this.
  16. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Album 8 is in the works, according to their stream tonight

17. meggers

Trusted

Forever Halloween and Imaginary Numbers will be repressed on vinyl, limited to 1,000 copies each on June 29th. There’ll be a Pillar exclusive variant of Forever Halloween limited to 500 copies.

smowashere and Matt504 like this.
  18. SPine

Trusted

Oh my god it’s happening. I can finally own Forever Halloween. I annoyed them at the shows I went to in 2017 and 2019 asking them to repress it haha

meggers likes this.
  19. meggers

Trusted

Towards the end of this, at the end of the Q&A, John played a clip of a new song. Not the best quality since it’s over Zoom but it’s still something.

20. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I mean he said they were done recording at least ten new bangers during quarantine so I’m hoping it’s well past the in the works phase

21. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

-"We had a playlist of 60 ideas and whittled it down to 16 songs."

-They're talking about doing a livestream concert but the focus is on album 8 at the moment

-New record releasing in 2021

22. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

23. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Fuck yes

24. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

Hope this album rocks fucking hard.

25. SPine

Trusted

Wow Forever Halloween vinyl sold out in 2 minutes.

EDIT: They said the site is having issues. May not be sold out yet