Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Maine Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Slangster, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Haha yeah that line wasn't great. The delivery of the word "twenty" and also how it's kinda separate from the word "six" kinda bugged me. All just nitpicking though.

That last chorus coming in big is very satisfying

Derek Jones and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  2. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Both of these songs rock but this one especially kills it.

The first two songs of this record have been AWESOME

josephcissell and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Digging the new song. The new stuff has strong Third Eye Blind vibes and I'm not complaining.

4. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I've listened to this song 6 times.

Echo the 3eb influence. 3eb is my favourite band, so to hear them influence The Maine is fucking amazing.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  5. They've always claimed 3EB as one of their biggest influences, but yeah they're really wearing it on their sleeves now. Suits them very well.

6. 1. Don’t Come Down
    2. Bad Behavior
    3. Lovely
    4. Black Butterflies and Déjà Vu
    5. Taxi
    6. Do You Remember? (The Other Half of 23)
    7. Little
    8. The Sound of Reverie
    9. Lost in Nostalgia
    10. I Only Wanna Talk to You
    11. Lonely
    12. How Do You Feel?

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  7. Mr. Serotonin

I love how they did the album title scattered throughout the track sequencing.

jorbjorb likes this.
  8. andrew.elofson

I can see black butterflies being the opening song to their live set, with them walking out to "Lovely" since its only 30 seconds long.

9. JBoch Mar 3, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 3, 2017)
    JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I prefer their more rock n roll sound from the Pioneer-era over the poppiness of the early albums and American Candy. Initial opinion is that I enjoy Black Butterflies more than anything released since Pioneer.

Edit... Pioneer is my favorite album of theirs, but this performance is their peak in my eyes:

10. Mikeydude91

What I love about this band is they can kill it when it comes to both sounds. When you look at acoustic versions of some of the American Candy tracks you get the same vibe.

11. Mr. Serotonin

Never saw this version of Inside of You 'til today. Mashed up with We'll All Be.

12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

For anyone who wants to listen to some clips...quality isn't the greatest buuuuuttt.....

Mr. Serotonin and josephcissell like this.
  13. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Gonna try to hold off on this!

14. josephcissell

Regular

Wow. I was really looking forward to this release before, but the hype just grew for me. Sounds extremely hooky and catchy. Only about a month till release now!

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  15. Mr. Serotonin

I now wanna work with Colby Wedgeworth. That would be tight.

This sounds like I'm gonna play the hell out of it all summer. Sounds so reminiscent of 3eb.

16. jorbjorb

7 rings

wow hype

17. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Damn. I can't wait!!!

18. lunamariexo

If anyone's interested in preordering the maine's new album, I'm trying to win a contest for it. If you preorder it through my link it'll help me out. Thanks to anyone who does :) My benefit aside, i think this album is gonna be sick based on the two songs they've released already. You can really hear their growth as a band.

the link to preorder: http://bit.ly/2n1dBa8

19. jorbjorb

7 rings

When are they releasing another single?

20. Mikeydude91

I know I'm ready for a new song.

21. Mr. Serotonin

It's out April 7th? They might as well just sit on the rest of the album 'til then.

22. Their albums have a history of leaking. Would not be surprised if they start selling it the first date of their US tour (3/30).

23. Collins

Trusted

just bought tickets for their austin date as a anniversary gift to my girlfriend (and myself), haven't seen them since 2010. can't wait to hear all the recent material live

24. andrew.elofson

My band is opening the first day of their tour so I'll let you know if that ends up happening!

25. andrew.elofson

Found a video from the live debut of Black Butterflies & Deja Vu in London. Sounds solid although John seems to struggle a little bit at the end with the final chorus.

josephcissell likes this.