Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Maine Band • Page 38

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Slangster, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I'd still be crying if that happened to me.

JamesMichael likes this.
  2. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

I'd be crying if ever had that much money :crylaugh:

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  3. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

Do you remember if they said anything about repressing AC? Don't feel like listening to the pod again. I know there are still some copies out there but they're few and far between.

4. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

(Sorry for the triple post. Haven't been on the site really for awhile and I'm a Maine fanboy)

I've always loved LLL but never really connected to it lyrically, and sonically always thought it was AC 2.0. Lately, though, I think I've connected with it more than any of their albums. I went through all of the lyrics on Genius the other day and realized how clever and personal the lyrics feel. It might just be my life situation right now, but the album finally "clicked" with me. I really think it's a masterpiece and their best work to date.

5. meggers

Trusted

I can’t remember if they said it or not. I’d have to go back and listen.

6. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

First time live. Chills.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  7. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

In what is probably the most random The Maine story of the day, me and my gf were clearing out and she found her old Blackberry. We reset it ready to recycle and completely forgot the video for Into Your Arms was loaded on fresh install Blackberry’s of the era. Wild!

meggers and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  8. meggers

Trusted

9. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

why is this terrifying

trevorshmevor likes this.
  10. meggers

Trusted

Someone posted it in tour predictions thread when the fall dates leaked but they should be up next week. It’s with Twin XL and The Wrecks.

11. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

still not into this last record at all. i’ve tried so hard

BlackwingE likes this.
  12. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I like it but not as much as I expected to. There are some great songs on it, but I feel like the flow is a bit off. Could be because this is coming off of LLL, which works perfectly.

Supernova likes this.
  13. meggers

Trusted

14. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Cool... Now do a Lovely Little Lonely repress

15. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

I do enjoy the new record a whole lot, but after sitting with it for awhile and letting novelty of it fade for a bit, I think I prefer Colby's production. Squire is undoubtedly a legend in this scene, but I don't think that he's a great fit for them.

I admire them for taking a chance and giving the reins to Squire again, but I'm hoping that they let Colby work his magic once more on their next record.

16. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

New album is their best by leaps and bounds

17. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

its a good album but LLL is their best by leaps and bounds.

18. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Meh, I’d make the opposite statement. LLL is very good but YAO destroys everything else they’ve done

19. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like the new album doesn’t have me coming back to it as much as LLL. I think it has some of the best songs they’ve ever done, but it’s just not as cohesive...

20. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Hey, looks like they’re doing something with Colby

lostawholeyear and DefeatTheLow like this.
  21. meggers

Trusted

22. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

kind of wish it had the halsey cover on it?

23. Indigo

Trusted

The pro-shot videos from 8123 are so good. I really wish they'd release the whole set! Jared has rapidly become one of my favorite guitarists too - I just really dig his style and the tones he uses. For some reason it reminds me of Jonny Buckland's playing sometimes.

24. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Damn that just took me back to being in college. I adore LLL and their new stuff but I used to be a big fan of their debut ep and CSWS too. I’ve grown out of that sound but I can’t deny it’s a jam.

Completely agree about the guitar!

DefeatTheLow and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  25. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Another band every one hated on Ap and now love on chorus. Funny how the times change.

earthlight and JamesMichael like this.