Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Maine Band • Page 37

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Slangster, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Love FH. Never really vibed with Pioneer as a whole, though. When I'm At Home is a top tier song.

Actually, as far as a top 5:
    1. The Sound of Reverie
    2. Don't Come Down
    3. Diet Soda Society
    4. When I'm At Home
    5. Kennedy Curse

2. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I tried but I cant do it. They have too many albums, haha.

jorbjorb likes this.
  3. Mr. Serotonin

The preview for "Tears Won't Cry" sounds right up my alley

jorbjorb and earthlight like this.
  4. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

I've been spinning the new record quite a bit, but I keep finding myself going back and pressing play on Lovely Little Lonely from the top and just letting it roll through

jorbjorb, dash64 and m9tt like this.
  5. m9tt Apr 1, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 1, 2019)
    m9tt

heaven knows what i am

I spent the weekend with You Are OK, and while it's definitely a good record, it just hasn't clicked with me like American Candy or Lovely Little Lonely did, so I'm slotting it in at #3 for now.

The first two and last three tracks of YAOK are my favorite sections of the album... there's just not a song in between that immediately helps me bridge the two yet. But compared to LLL there's run from Lovely through The Sound of Reverie, my initial reactions to those songs were much stronger. Hopefully, songs like I Feel It, Heaven, or Tears stand out as time goes on.

earthlight likes this.
  6. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

This album largely feels like a collection of very good songs to me. Lovely Little Lonely was an absolute masterpiece of a record from start to finish.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  7. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Also - assuming you mean “Little” above and not “Lonely”

m9tt likes this.
  8. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

the songs on YAOK are so thematically linked/cohesive that I can’t see it as just a collection of songs. I’d agree that LLL has more fluid sequencing from a sonic perspective but I also think YAOK is very well-sequenced, it’s just approached differently.

FTank and Contender like this.
  9. Mr. Serotonin

I think I just prefer Colby Wedgeworth's production but both albums are so good.

earthlight likes this.
  10. nohandstoholdonto

pretty sure it’s gonna be a 1a/1b situation for me when all is said and done, as far as my fav goes. I’m listening to LLL rn and I still love it so much but I think it and YAOK are both so excellent and consistent from start to finish and pull off what they’re trying to accomplish masterfully.

Then again, I’ve only had YAOK for a few days, and I first got into LLL almost a year ago, so time will tell.

11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Lovely Little Lonely and You Are OK are both perfect albums. I refuse to pick one over the other.

And Pioneer too, but I digress.

12. nohandstoholdonto

Holy shit I love Pioneer so far (on Some Days)

13. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

This too

m9tt and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  14. m9tt

heaven knows what i am

Actually, I meant "Lovely" not "Lonely," but basically the run of songs from Black Butterflies -> Reverie is so, so good.

15. sixfeetlive

Definitely my top 3 The Maine albums.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  16. meggers

Trusted

On the latest podcast, they mention that Pioneer, Forever Halloween, and Imaginary Numbers will be repressed on vinyl soon.

17. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

Did you hear the podcast where they got robbed back in the day? It was like hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Matt504 likes this.
  18. BlackwingE

Trusted

No Black & White? Fml.

19. schackbr

Regular

that's insane. i'll have to listen. is there a quick story behind it?

20. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

They left about $100,000 in a safe they kept in the touring van, they were behind putting it in a Chase bank account, so one night in Chicago they realized they should bring it into the hotel because the van had just been broken into recently and they got lucky the safe wasn’t taken. Unfortunately, the safe disappeared after they shared rooms one night with friends and other people coming in and out. Not the smartest idea...

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  21. meggers

Trusted

I haven’t listened to that episode of the podcast yet, but I remember when it happened. Such a shitty situation.

I’m not sure if they own the rights to it since it was released on Warner. That’s just a guess though.

22. schackbr

Regular

wow.

23. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Wow that’s wild!

24. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

The funniest part (maybe not funny, per say) was that they only visited the bank to make a deposit ONE time during that tour hahah.

I don't blame em really. We all make fucked up mistake when we're young and dumb.

25. SPine

Trusted

Yes. Finally

Matt504 likes this.