Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Maine Band • Page 34

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Slangster, Jun 23, 2016.

1. meggers

Trusted

Thanks I’m so excited!! It’s going to be an exhausting weekend but I’m pumped. I’ve been lurking twitter to see what’s going on. I’m also in a group chat with almost 90 people going to the fest and it’s crazy. I’ve forgotten how nice/accepting most of their fanbase is.

2. chelsealouanne

Regular

I was going through the replies on Pat's tweet asking who was in AZ already (and like only two out of a solid 74 or something are not going), and It's just amazing to see how many are traveling across the world for it: it just further proves if you treat your fanbase right, you will get that all in return. Definitely a special thing they are continuing! Look forward to your stories when you return!

3. meggers

Trusted

It’s crazy in the Facebook group someone said they’re coming from New Zealand which blows my mind. Hopefully I’ll have some good stories. I’ll be at all 3 events so it should be interesting.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  4. chelsealouanne

Regular

Right?! One of the replies I saw, someone was flying a total of 12 hours, and two flights total. I think they are from Argentina! I mean, the band probably never even dreamed anything close to this in 2008.

5. meggers

Trusted

It’s amazing how far people are coming. It’s an invasion of the 8123 family in downtown this weekend.

6. meggers

Trusted

This is amazing.

7. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Smart, smart business move there lads

Wouldn’t be surprised if one of them becomes a music business professor in the later days

8. meggers

Trusted

So Criminal isn’t on the setlist tonight. Looks like Vanilla beat it out.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  9. meggers

Trusted

Tonight’s setlist for anyone interested.

beachdude, Daniel182 and musicfan9795 like this.
  10. meggers

Trusted

John said they received a cease and desist letter from Coachella over calling the fest Emochella and that’s why that poster they made had to be deleted.

Mr. Serotonin and Onlyadirector like this.
  11. Jeebs

FUCK COACHELLA

but anyways numb without you live WAS INSANE

soooo good

Mr. Serotonin, beachdude and meggers like this.
  12. meggers

Trusted

They’re playing a new song during their Emo Nite set. Audio isn’t the best but I tried to get a bit of it.

13. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Sounds very much in the same vein as the first single - very “big” sounding compared to their prior stuff

Mr. Serotonin, meggers and beachdude like this.
  14. Jeebs

This is everything I’ve wanted from the maine, highlights everyone of their strengths.. strings.. big...

God I can’t wait

15. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Sounds massive! Can’t wait for that one.

Mr. Serotonin and meggers like this.
  16. meggers

Trusted

Short b market run with grayscale gets announced tomorrow.

Jeebs likes this.
  17. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

Hoping for an LA/ish date since they arent coming here with TBS.

18. meggers

Trusted

If not, they’re doing a tour this summer. This May tour is really short.

19. BlackwingE

Trusted

Damn, I thought he was singing "You are the violins in my veins". Just now I found out it was actually "violence in my veins", haha.

earthlight likes this.
  20. jackyjackyjack

Regular

Any idea why for this set they went so heavy on Forever Halloween??

21. meggers

Trusted

Not really. There were I think 3 voting sections for FH and the b-sides. It seems to be a fan favorite of people at the fest so maybe that’s why.

22. Theemoflamingo

Regular

23. chelsealouanne

Regular

Surprised to see they threw in some CSWS before the full show. How Do You Feel about that? And thanks for the new song reveal! PS: Canada Dry, I (Canada) made it to 8123 fest in the end! ;-p

24. JulieLynn

Karma is the Guy On The Chiefs Supporter

I took the last few days to listen to each album by this band (besides American Candy which I have loved since it came out). I never gave this band a chance until recently and I am so in love with their 2017 album "Lovely Little Lonely". I cannot wait for a new album! I Need to see this band live just once in my life.

25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I do think it's a little odd they repeated songs other than Numb Without You in both the sets, but I also get it cus I'm sure they figured there's enough people who weren't at both.

chelsealouanne likes this.