Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Maine Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Slangster, Jun 23, 2016.

1. derekjd

Slow down, Quentin Supporter

Probably because I used to listen to them a lot back in high school, and just sort of automatically lump them together with other bands I don't listen to anymore. Mia culpa.

earthlight likes this.
  2. Stra1ghtArrow

new song will get me ready for summer!

3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea I'd probably make the argument that the Maine is one of the most underrated bands out there. I feel like because they came up in the "scene" that they got kind of written off when people lost interest/grew out of those bands, but since Pioneer, they've really been just a great indie rock band more than a scene band. I'm sure there's a good number of people who will never give them a fair listen because of it, which is sad.

I think that U Haul thing is really awesome. What a nice way to surprise your fans and do something fun and different. And I think it's even cooler that they didn't make a huge deal about it or use it as an incentive for people to pre-order the album or anything. It's literally just a nice surprise for some of their big fans. Great band, great dudes.

4. Anyone else think they're due for a second single? Pat was hinting at something coming this week.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  5. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

6. andrew.elofson

THANK GOD THERE IS A FORUM FOR THIS. The Maine are my all time favorite band, this is awesome. SO hyped for LLL

7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Damn, these dudes know how to keep
    things interesting. What a great idea to do. More bands should do something like this. It's like a street team but better and more fun haha.

josephcissell likes this.
  8. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

New song tomorrow

9. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

That's fucking awesome, haha.

New song today.

jorbjorb likes this.
  10. Mr. Serotonin

earthlight and jorbjorb like this.
  11. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Mr. Serotonin and jorbjorb like this.
  12. jorbjorb

7 rings

Mr. Serotonin and Daniel182 like this.
  13. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  14. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Song is great. This should have been the lead single.

josephcissell and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  15. Mr. Serotonin

Yeah, this was 10x better than the lead single. Loved this. Super fun, and the end is awesome.
    Love that they're kinda sticking with that 90's influenced sound. Suits them well.

16. Could definitely see this being the opening track on the record. Would make for a great opener.

17. jorbjorb

7 rings

shaping to be my AOTY

18. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

I love it. Thinking this album is gonna be the "Futures" of their career.

19. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Don't know that I agree that it's better than Bad Behavior, but it's definitely a good song.

20. Mr. Serotonin

Damn, I think it's WAY better than BB. In every aspect, haha. But to each their own. It's not like BB is a bad song.

earthlight likes this.
  21. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

This is a pretty cool song... don't listen to these guys as much as I probably should but when I do I always enjoy it.

22. Bad Behavior is just such a straight up banger, I can totally get why someone would prefer it over this. If that song was this record's English Girls, then this one sounds like the Miles Away

All great songs though. So proud of these guys.

23. Mr. Serotonin

Haha, that analogy makes sense to me because I liked English Girls and then heard Miles Away and was like "Oh yeah, this one really hits the spot" :crylaugh:

Same thing with these two.

josephcissell and trevorshmevor like this.
  24. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

I just think the lyrics here are a little weak, especially that line in the bridge about there being 26 letters in the alphabet haha. (Not that The Maine has ever primarily been a lyrics band for me, but I noticed them more than usual here.) I really like it musically and vocally though, definitely a fun song, and the end is really cool.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  25. Mr. Serotonin

The end is awesome. Haha, I know what you mean about the 26 letters thing. I thought Bad Behavior was weak lyrically, but neither are bad enough for me to not listen to them.