Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Maine Band • Page 29

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Slangster, Jun 23, 2016.

1. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

Man, they really went all out with this cover. You can even hear the little background ambient guitar parts with headphones in.

earthlight likes this.
  2. Syre Dream

Regular

Yup this is a great cover.

3. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

It's pretty impressive. There are so many awesome sounds going on here and they nailed every single one of them

lostawholeyear likes this.
  4. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Well that’s neat

5. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

Nice little update. Sounds like the records nearly complete. So stoked for new tunes.

(That tease at the end!)

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  6. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

I am soooo stoked to hear some of the ambient/acoustic sounds on these teasers/videos. Give me allllllll of that.

lostawholeyear and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  7. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

Well, this is pretty cool for them

8. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Still can't believe that damn song gets so much attention

9. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

It’s my wife’s favorite Christmas song.

10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Halsey has tweeted about them several times I believe. Truly using her platform for good

11. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Yeah there's a video of them all doin' like an hour DJ set with Halsey after a show. Apparent fans of each other.

12. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

Good a place as any to ask again then lol. Anyone got the And A Happy New Year EP they could share with me? You can’t purchase or stream it in the UK any more

13. Mr. Serotonin

I think I have it on iTunes...how do I actually share it with you though? :crylaugh:

14. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

Dunno I’m not sure how Apple DRM works. Dropbox I guess lol

15. Mr. Serotonin

If I can figure it out when I get back from this game I got you. I definitely have it cause I searched and am listening now.

Man, Johns got wayyyy better at singing :crylaugh:

16. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

Thank u

17. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Nervous and excited. That’s the only one I’ve watched. Where is that opening track from? Someone said it was acoustic and ambient sounding based off clips?

18. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

In their latest “The Process” video about midway through you can hear the riff being played on the guitar

19. meggers

Trusted

jordanjohnson09 likes this.
  20. trevorshmevor Dec 7, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 20, 2018)
    Listened to the podcast for the first time in a long while, Garrett and Pat had a lot of exciting things to say about their experience. They’re kinda making it sound like they made a Nearer My God or something haha. It definitely seems like we’re gonna get a ton of first tries from them on things with this record, which is cool

lostawholeyear and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I really can't believe we're about to be blessed with the seventh album by a band called the Maine. I wonder what the release timeline looks like. Will they have a new song out for 8123? I'm kind of thinking an April release for the album to coincide with their UK tour and to promote it on the TBS tour. I'm so curious what it's going to sound like.

22. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

Well, there's this lol. So I'm thinking we might have a new song even before January.

23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

If I get to witness the live debut of a new song I will lose my mind.

24. meggers

Trusted

I’d love to hear a new song at 8123 fest since I’ll be there. I could see that happening since they did that with LLL.

25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Plz don't talk about 8123 fest thank u

Jk though I wanna hear all about it when it happens (but still hope they decide Milwaukee is the right city to debut a new song in!)

sawhney[rusted]2 and meggers like this.