Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Maine Band • Page 28

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Slangster, Jun 23, 2016.

1. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

They are really nervous about it, at least that’s what it sounds like on the podcast. They referenced several times that LLL was very much a “better” version of American Candy, and there was confidence in that, while this upcoming record is far different from both of those.

lostawholeyear likes this.
  2. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

It also really sounds like they are moving on from that “sound”, whatever that means. But they said that multiple times. They really feel like they perfected it with LLL and any effort to do it again would be forced.

lostawholeyear likes this.
  3. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

sad womp

4. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Do you have any doubt that they will release something awesome?

I don't

5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I think a new sound is probably best. They caught lightning in a bottle with LLL and to try to do the same thing again wouldn’t have the same magic. Plus the last time they really shifted their sound we were gifted with Pioneer, so I’m excited to see what they come up with next!

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  6. I would love to see them do something that's a lot spacier and drawn out

7. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Same. Give me an expansion on songs like "Lonely" and "I Only Wanna Talk To You"

8. Jusscali

I would certainly like this.

9. Jusscali

Well I love the Maine as a band, but I most certainly do not love all of their material. I prefer the poppier stuff of the last two albums much more than the other stuff - which quite frankly - bored me. If they go back to that style I'm sure they will lose me a bit again. If they go in a more atmospheric direction like others have said, I would be all in. Have to wait and see.

10. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

It's still going to be poppy. They're working with Squire.

11. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

That’s a shame as I love LLL and it’s the only album from them I dig from start to finish.

LLL is definitely one of my favourite albums of this decade so far, if not the top.

I’m excited but also anxious to hear their new sound/album.

sawhney[rusted]2 and earthlight like this.
  12. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

I'm so excited to hear their cover of Transatlanticism by DCFC.

13. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

For anyone interested:

Onlyadirector and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  14. Jusscali

Gimme

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  15. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

YES

16. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Can't wait to hear some things off this record. There were a few clips on their instagram a few days ago - I think it was mostly piano. But it sounded great

17. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

I think it'll be a while before we hear anything. In one of their posts, they said that they had just finished writing and started recording last week.

18. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

They were definitely demo’ing some stuff last week which I believe is what was on the instagram. It was really just a simple piano melody, probably will be something totally different when finished

19. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

Oh yea, I saw that. Some vocals too. I figured it was just pre-production or something.

20. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  21. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Oh my. That is absolutely fantastic

22. Jusscali

OMG OMG OMG I can't wait. Is this going to be a "thing" - songs that saved my life? What a great concept.

23. Jusscali

Boo - I wanted the Maine only

24. It's okay. That's all there was in our hearts.