Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Maine Band • Page 24

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Slangster, Jun 23, 2016.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Home

New merch too, not gonna lie id really like the rose long sleeve I wish I could go to warped just for that

2. chelsealouanne

Regular

That's what I thought! I missed Pat's tweet. So exciting!

meggers likes this.
  3. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

Very cool of them to do this. So much respect for these guys.

4. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

it's available in their webstore!

Classic Rose Long Sleeve

edit: wow nvm i lied, i can't read things that say "sold out" i guess

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Oh thanks I didn’t notice that! I’m sure they’ll put more up eventually so I’ll keep an eye out

6. chelsealouanne

Regular

What do we all think of the new lyrics to "Girls Do What They Want" during the webcast. :crylaugh:

Such an enjoyable set that makes me even more excited for July 17!

septimus likes this.
  7. septimus

#colefromwarpedtour

meggers likes this.
  8. rockmonster

I feel immensely proud of this band. I remember being introduced to them probably around 6 months before the release of Can't Stop Won't Stop. I was 16 - a very formative age. I didn't fully understand the world, but it seemed like The Maine were doing the right thing. I became quietly obsessed with this band with one of my friends and I remember trying to see them any time they were remotely close. Hearing Black and White I thought I was officially grown up - 18 years old. Everything seemed more mature with their song writing. I thought these were adult songs. I loved the direction the band had taken. As I entered college, my musical tastes started to change and I had little interest in Pioneer or Forever Halloween. These are albums I need to re-visit as I have no recollection of the songs. American Candy sounded so great and refreshing to hear, but still, I hadn't listened to the band in awhile, so nothing really stuck with me at the time of its release.

I, of course, saw the band released Lovely Little Lonely in 2017, but it was very low on my priority of things to check out as I had not listened to the band in many years. Eventually in January of 2018 I gave the album a dedicated listen and was completely floored. To me, LLL is the album the band has been striving for their entire career. From the instrumentals to the lyrics, you can hear bits and pieces of their musical journey to this point. I couldn't stop listening to it. I was embarrassed that I had not checked it out sooner as it certainly would have taken a top 3 spot in my end of the year list. I am hit with a rush of nostalgia every time I hear this band. Even though the songs on LLL are new, each song seems to call back to a memory I have of the band, or an experience I had with a friend listening to the band. I am so grateful for this band and the ways they influenced my musical interests.

Congratulations on the release of Less Noise: A Collection of Songs by a Band Called the Maine . This band deserves all they've accomplished and more.

9. Wait so is John just like chilling at the tent all day? That's so cool.

Acoustic LP is very good.

Mr. Serotonin and earthlight like this.
  10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Honestly I forgot this was coming out today, so this is a nice surprise. I'm starting it now. I don't even think I listened to the songs they already released.

11. BlackwingE

Trusted

Anyone who would be interested in a The Maine bracket? I was thinking about doing one soon.. I just want enough users to participate.

Kuri44, ryanfears and chelsealouanne like this.
  12. chelsealouanne

Regular

Count me in!

Mr. Serotonin and BlackwingE like this.
  13. I’m so down

Mr. Serotonin and BlackwingE like this.
  14. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

It’ll make me go through the discography again, so yeah

BlackwingE likes this.
  15. BlackwingE

Trusted

16. jordanjohnson09

Regular

looks like the first variant already sold out

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  17. meggers

Trusted

The variant with the 8123 fest bundles are exclusive to that. Pat did say if any are left of that, they’ll be available at the pop-up shop at the fest.

18. jordanjohnson09

Regular

how does one find a cheap flight from dc to phx

lostawholeyear likes this.
  19. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Tie a bunch of balloons to your body like in that movie Up.

20. Tie a bunch of seagulls to a giant peach like in that movie James And The Giant Peach

21. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Tie a bunch of planes and helicopters to your body like in that movie King Kong or Godzilla.

22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I really am considering going to 8123 fest. Should I? Probably no. But I don't like to let logic and good decision making get in my way

23. meggers

Trusted

I’m flying in from Texas for it. 3-day non-bundle tickets go on sale Friday for $80. I can’t pass up hearing CSWS since it’ll never happen again.

24. BlackwingE

Trusted

25. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

so was LLL a massive sleeper hit or what? it has 53M+ streams on spotify which is easily more than any 2015-18 album by "new" pop punk bands not named Neck Deep