Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Maine Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Slangster, Jun 23, 2016.

1. josephcissell

Regular

Already snagged the limited vinyl variant. If history is any indication, these will go quick. Also, looks like there’s vinyl copies of American Candy up on the web store again if anyone needs a copy.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  2. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Love the title and the cover

josephcissell likes this.
  3. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

This song is better than pretty much all of American Candy.

earthlight likes this.
  4. Collins

Trusted

I loved the 3eb vibes i got from american candy. glad they're staying in that direction.

5. Nah there are definitely some songs from AC that are better than this haha. This song would've been right at home on that album though.

Collins, josephcissell and Awksome like this.
  6. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

This is definitely an extension of American Candy, namely "English Girls." I'd expect this to be a bridge between this and a newer sound, which, from the vibe of the artwork, seems to be darker.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  7. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Don't agree. There are probably 5 songs on that album that are better than this one.

Contender likes this.
  8. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Oh yeah, that's the vibe i'm getting too. From the video clips and other information it seems that the recording and writing of this album occurred within a relatively difficult time for the band, particularly John. So it will be very interesting to see which direction the record heads in as a whole.

American Candy will always be an awesome summer record to me. It really has an impressive replay value already and I am surprised that not many people seem to be into it.

9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Anyone watch the Miserable Youth videos on the making of this new album?

10. josephcissell

Regular

Yes, and that is a large part of why I’m so excited for this release personally.

11. btr

Trusted Supporter

Any reason why Can't Stop Won't Stop isn't on Spotify? All I can think of is they don't want to associate with it anymore because that's not who they are anymore, but at the same time The Way We Talk is up there.

12. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

They posted on Twitter that they were aware it was gone and were looking into it.

josephcissell and btr like this.
  13. Just got added to Viva Phx, for all you fellow AZ dwellers

14. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

This single still rocks.

Unrelated, but Imaginary Numbers EP is really incredible. The songs are all filled with such emotion and are crafted with such detail. What a fantastic record.

15. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

(Un)Lost might be one of my favorite songs this band has ever created.

16. josephcissell

Regular

On first listen it didn’t stand out to me, but I came back to it a few times and something clicked at a certain point. I can’t stop loving it now. It’s “different" in all the right ways for them I think.

earthlight likes this.
  17. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

"With my eyes closed this feels like home
    Adrift in my own head
    and all I really know is
    whatever this is, it doesn't get easier
    So take it slow
    Just take it slow."

"The world is ours
    but for a flash
    And you are not allowed to be anybody else
    Control what you can
    Confront what you can't
    And always remember
    How lucky you are to have yourself."

18. trevorshmevor Feb 25, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 25, 2017)
    These guys are out and about doing some fan appreciation stuff today. Pulled into my house from getting lunch and they were outside in the back of a U-Haul playing Bad Behavior for one of my neighbors, who apparently is a huge fan haha.

19. Matthew

Regular

20. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Stand-up dudes, right there.

21. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

That is awesome!

22. derekjd

Slow down, Quentin Supporter

Can't believe I never listened to American Candy. This is incredible. About to go take a trip to visit the old college over "spring break." This is going to get some spins!

23. Nice! That's actually my neighborhood haha. I think they hit about 5 or 6 more houses after that too. Honestly can't think of a band in the "scene" that is better to their fans than The Maine.

24. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Awesome, awesome record.

earthlight likes this.
  25. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Lack of interest in this record overall has boggled my mind! I spin it so much. Hope you enjoy it