Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Maine Band • Page 14

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Slangster, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Melodically, the song reminds me of English Girls a lot. It's so catchy.

brentkid and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  2. jorbjorb

7 rings

same here

josephcissell, ECV and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Wow, I've really cooled on this album since it released.

Hahaha jk it's by far the best album I've heard this year. The Sound of Reverie has really grown on me. Not that I didn't like it before, but it might be one of my favorites now. Really they're all my favorites.

4. tumbleweedterror

music is all we got

Put the CD in my car the other day and seriously don't think I'll ever take it out. I can listen to this album on repeat forever and still be happy.

5. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

The new album is fantastic. American Candy is now one of my favorite records of all time. If a decade ago you'd told me I'd be saying that about The Maine I would have laughed in your face.

6. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Is it weird that I keep switching from The Maine Lovely Little Lonely to Kendrick's DAMN.?
    :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh:

JRGComedy likes this.
  7. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Is it weird that you have good music tastes?

8. Mr. Serotonin

Fuckin' right I do. I just couldn't be the one to say it first :crylaugh:

9. Mr. Serotonin Apr 14, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 14, 2017)
    Mr. Serotonin

I can't even bother trying to rank their albums anymore. I just listened to Pioneer for the first time in forever, and that album is STILL fuckin' awesome. Almost all of their albums manage to capture their respective years in my life perfectly. Maybe it's because i'm around their age, who knows, haha.

With each new record, it's like they capture the feeling of nostalgia, before there's time to feel the nostalgia. But you know it will come.

Collins and Daniel182 like this.
  10. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

FInally listening to the new album and it sounds pretty good so far. I've never been blown away by this band, but I really appreciate how consistent they are. They've never had a release where they dropped the ball in any way.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  11. Noradrenaline

Regular

The new album happened to be released when I was spending two weeks in Bali and thus became the soundtrack for the best trip of my life so far. I filmed most of it and put together a kind of video-collage. The soundtrack was a no-brainer!

I don't know if the video is enjoyable for people that don't know me and my friends, but fuck it, I feel like sharing it here anyway!

12. jorbjorb

7 rings

I'm starting to think Little into Sound of Reverie might be my favorite song of the year. DAMN.

13. josephcissell

Regular

Seeing these guys tonight in Atlanta!

jorbjorb and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  14. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

This was so cool. Thanks for sharing. Beautiful place and friends.

15. felipecardel Apr 21, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 21, 2017)
    felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

i officially dislike "Bad Behavior", after its catchiness has expired it's just a dumb song. also wish i cared more for "I Only Wanna Talk to You". other than that this is gold, better than FH at the very least

16. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Don't Come Down is one of their best songs imo

earthlight likes this.
  17. Noradrenaline

Regular

Thanks! Glad you liked it! it was really fun to make :)

AelNire likes this.
  18. Fox83

Trusted

I don't know why I've never really tried to dig into this band yet. I hear them compared to a lot of artists I like though, so I'll probably check them out. Is it cool to just jump into this new album first or is that not recommended?

19. I would recommend starting with the new one, yeah

Mr. Serotonin and Fox83 like this.
  20. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Anybody know if they've been selling their new record on vinyl at shows?

21. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

I'm not as enamored with this as a lot of other people seem to be, but it's definitely their best work since Pioneer, and probably their best album overall (I just have a lot of HS nostalgia for Pioneer). I probably need more listens with it but to be perfectly honest I think the 3EB comparisons were definitely too high of expectations haha.

Very cool to see how these dudes have developed their sound though

22. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

I continue to spend a ton of time with this album. I can't get over how well the entire thing flows from start to finish. This is a masterpiece.

josephcissell and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  23. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

I surprisingly agree! Would love to find this on vinyl, if anyone had any reasonably priced leads!

24. Mr. Serotonin

These guys have been getting on some pretty big tours lately. Pretty awesome to see. They deserve it!

25. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

These guys were fantastic last night in Minneapolis. What a fun show!

Mr. Serotonin likes this.