Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Maine - You Are Ok (March 29, 2019) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ArmsLikeTeeth, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Jeebs

Shinju means double suicide... Wow this record is going to be heavy if the titles have any say

2. babydanger

Regular

The dates that are listed for the US are the dates they’re opening for TBS. I think it’s interesting that they agreed to do that when they could have done their own full headline to coincide with this release. I imagine a much longer/full US tour will be happening some time in the summer?

3. meggers

Trusted

Someone in the tour predictions thread mentioned a rumored summer run with All Time Low.

beachdude and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  4. Jeebs

That would make sense.. Looks like a large gap after their last date with TBS... all I know is thats a far too short of a run for an album. A full headlining in May-July would make sense, especially since they can easily sell out or fill 3000+ cap venues now, add all time low and its a damn near arena tour

5. Indigo

Trusted

The song is somehow everything I wanted, but not at all what I expected. Very much The Maine still, but filtered through a completely different lense. Preordered the Gold which my wife and I can split the loot from. Really excited for the rest of the album, and definitely going to abuse the shit out of this song. Can’t believe I made it til the official release tonight without caving and finding a stream early.

Aregala, jorbjorb, beachdude and 2 others like this.
  6. Jeebs

the best part is the new color theme for this album..

Mustard and baby blue, sign me up

7. Indigo

Trusted

Yeah, my initial reaction to the color scheme was pretty “meh”, but as I'm seeing more marketing and artwork I’m warming up to it a ton.

8. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Got the orange vinyl with the flag. Couldn't splurge any more than that, but I wanted the book and the 2 months of the Pillar subscription which I may as well just accept now as something I will continue to pay for after those 2 month.

9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Still haven't listened to the song lol I had to take care of bizness 1st

10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

This would be awesome (I know for a fact because I just saw them together last month), but All Time Low has claimed they are going to have a quiet 2019, so a huge summer tour with the Maine doesn't seem likely. Maybe a string of dates? Or I could see them both doing those Warped Tour festivals

11. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Finally listened to the new song. They pulled the new sound off! I really enjoyed it, especially the strings. The production wasn't overkill either.

Pre-Ordered.

I love supporting these guys.

12. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

This is real cool

13. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

echoing getting into this band on LLL and coming to enjoy AC as well. the new song both slaps and fucks. preordered blue vinyl.

jlinitz and smowashere like this.
  14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Omg this is incredible, I didn’t know what I expected but it wasn’t this. I’m at a loss can’t wait for tomorrow just so I can keep listening to it

15. jackyjackyjack

Regular

Damn, only 10 songs :(

16. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

Yea, just judging from the single, but it already feels like this is going to be a much more personal album

jorbjorb likes this.
  17. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I almost reconsidered buying it when I saw that. Almost.

18. brentkid

Regular

Really digging the new single. So proud of how these guys have transformed themselves since the The Way We Talk EP.

19. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

The last album was 10 songs but had interludes, I thjink?

20. schackbr

Regular

this band deserves to be even bigger than they already are.

beachdude likes this.
  21. jorbjorb

7 rings

The new single is showing up under "Myrna Music Group", I wonder if they're not self releasing this one. Either way, it's impressive how they've built a decent career without a label.

earthlight likes this.
  22. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I would’ve never guessed years ago the trajectory this band would eventually take. Love it. Very excited for the new record!

jorbjorb likes this.
  23. TDenverFan

Regular

I don't think it's as big of a switchup from LLL as people are making it out to be, but maybe that's just me? Either way it's a great song

24. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

I think it's a pretty major change. This song would sound majorly out of place on AC or LLL

25. schackbr

Regular

Myrna Music Group is them. LLL was released on it too.

"Myrna Music Group Llc currently have 10 Officers / Partners: Patrick John Kirch,Jared James Monaco,John Cornelius O'callaghan V,Kennedy Brock,Patrick Kirch,Garrett Daniel Nickelsen,Jared James Monaco,John Cornelius O'callaghan V,Kennedy Brock,Patrick Kirch, and there are no other known Officers / partners in the company except these 10 officials at this time."

lostawholeyear and jorbjorb like this.