Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Maine - You Are Ok (March 29, 2019) Album • Page 47

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ArmsLikeTeeth, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

You Are OK is their best album, LLL is #2

Contender likes this.
  2. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Yao is most definitely the most ambitious record but sometimes I just want bops. The other records have bops while Yao is the band pushing themselves a bit more.

3. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

LLL is their best but it’s not by a lot.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  4. I honestly think I like FH, YAO, and Pioneer more than LLL but they're all great records!

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Pioneer is still my favorite record from these guys. I personally think it’s their best.

You Are Ok comes second for me.

6. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

That hidden track on Pioneer. Fuck. I remember the fist time hearing that for the first time. I was on the beach watching the sun come up.

BigMouth, mattylikesfilms and meggers like this.
  7. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Pioneer is amazing but would've been so much better if they trimmed a few songs. I viewed them as just another pop rock band through their first two albums, but Pioneer floored me the first time I heard it. Identify, Don't Give Up, and the final three songs are all elite tier The Maine.

8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Identify, My Heroine, Some Days, Misery, and When I'm At Home are my favorite Maine songs of all time. I do agree that Pioneer could have done with a trim but I do love that record so much. The highs on that record are just too good.

Forever Halloween - however - was a real mixed bag for me. I was so pumped for it after Pioneer but I felt like it underwhelmed me for the most part. Then like a year later they released the deluxe edition with the bonus songs they originally kept off and I think they made a hardcore mistake since those songs are the best songs off that record. So Criminal, Ugly on the Inside, Bliss, and Ice Cave are top tier Maine jams.

9. I just consider FH to be the deluxe tracklisting, I'll agree that those songs are great but I love the original tracklisting too! The title track is one of the greatest things they've ever done.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  10. halowithascrewloose

Newbie Supporter

1. Lovely
    2. Forever Halloween
    3. You Are OK

FH is the album for me that made me take a second glance at the band after foolishly writing them off as a band I shouldn’t like. Now having 1 - 3 in a row , going back and listening through their previous albums, I feel ashamed to have ever looked past them. Pioneer definitely shines bright though.

11. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Since we're talking rankings (and I was already thinking about this earlier):

1) LLL
    2) American Candy
    3) Pioneer
    4) You Are OK
    5) Forever Halloween
    6) Black & White
    7) CSWS

There's a pretty big gap between LLL-AC and YAO-FH, Pioneer and YAO basically a toss-up. It still amazes me that their last three albums are arguably their best three.

12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Oh we ranking? Niiiiice

Pioneer > You Are Ok > American Candy > Forever Halloween > LLL > Black and White > CSWS

13. Everything before American Candy sucks. :shrug:

jorbjorb likes this.
  14. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

LLL

American Candy
    You Are OK
    Pioneer

15. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Pioneer is my cutoff, but I can see where you’re coming from. Have you listened to their acoustic EP, Imaginary Numbers? One of my favorite EP’s ever.

16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

[IMG]

17. [​IMG]

18. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

LLL
    You Are Ok
    Forever Halloween

Everything else

edit: I actually like all their stuff, but those three are top tier

19. LLL>AC>YOA>Pioneer>CSWS>B&W>FH

I appreciate what they were going for on FH but it’s always just kinda felt like a shirt they were trying on without really committing to the full wardrobe — more transitional than anything. Glad they didn’t complete that transition cause AC set them back on track

20. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Pioneer is like half good. Some Days is a classic. Same with AC. LLL and You Are OK are their only good albums all the way through.

21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Pioneer is the only reason I can't quite call LLL their best. Definitely partially nostalgia cus that was the album that actually got me into them, but I also think it holds up very well.

JBoch, mattylikesfilms and Slangster like this.
  22. btr

Trusted Supporter

I got into them during CSWS and didn't care about them at all again until American Candy. Definitely the clear dividing line in their career.

Contender likes this.
  23. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Some Days has a monster hook, one of their best. Time is great and reminds me a ton of TEN circa-The Mother. The rest of pioneer is either good or okay from my memory but I haven’t given it enough listens to really make a sound judgment on it.

I’m honestly super into CSWS lmao, I didn’t like them when it came out at all but now I have a huge soft spot for it. I need to spend more time with B&W—>AC

meggers likes this.
  24. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

This surprises me. “Visions” is one of my favorite songs by this band

25. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

This really highlights the best of the Pioneer/FH era. One Pack of Smokes is such an epic closer to this set.

Mr. Serotonin and earthlight like this.