Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Maine - You Are Ok (March 29, 2019) Album • Page 43

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ArmsLikeTeeth, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Joshua

Regular

2. Delysid

Regular

Hey I went back and listened to LLL multiple times over this past week and I love it. I don’t know how I missed it the first time around.. I definitely get REALLY into bands a little after the fact but I’ve always liked the Maine. Between the two most recent records I would say I’m a big fan now. Now I gotta keep going back and listen to American candy next. I also really did the whole DIY element that I wasn’t fully aware of before.

3. Fery Firdaus

KingF

It's here the YAO orchestral version!!!
    Thanks to Oceannnnn reddit

4. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

Better believe i'm gonna karaoke this in my car tomorrow

5. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I wanna take a minute to shout out this song bc holy fuck that chorus hook

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

r u spam

jorbjorb likes this.
  7. Fery Firdaus

KingF

No someone in this forum need YAO orchestral version. Just open reddit page and click drive.google link on it

jorbjorb likes this.
  8. jorbjorb

7 rings

I want to see Tears Won't Cry live. Guaranteed it's a rager.

9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I want to see this whole album live. Imagine if they did Modern Nostalgia part 2 and played all of LLL & YAO. I would absolutely lose my mind.

10. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I would go to every single date

11. Would be fire.

12. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

I'm still salty that I didn't get to see them play AC in its entirety and probably never will :verysad:

13. meggers

Trusted

If they were to do a tour where they play full albums again I’d like to see one they do YAO and an older album. I’d love to see them do Black and White in full but I feel like that’ll never happen.

14. Greg1

Does anyone have the live from orpheum theatre ep from the rocksound magazine? Would super appreciate it.

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I've seen Pioneer, American Candy, and Lovely Little Lonely in full. If they ever did Forever Halloween, that'd be awesome, but that one seems unlikely. I have a feeling if CSWS ever happens again, it'll be a long long time away, since they made that the centerpiece of 8123 fest. I could actually see YAO being done at 8123 2020, and B&W 2021.

I also don't think it's unlikely that we get at least a handful of YAO shows at some point, maybe at the end of this year. Who knows I'm excited for whatever comes.

16. Jeebs

I’m really hoping they release those acoustic videos they had. I saw they recorded a bunch but have not seen them released yet

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  17. Iago

forbidden chalice.

The first half of the closer is giving me self-titled MovMou vibes and I love it. I'm so proud of how much this band has grown, followed them since FH. Every track is so stellar.

18. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

One Sunset is my favorite of this record, but Lovely Little Lonely is still well ahead of this album for me after sitting with this one for a few weeks.

19. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I actually love this more now than I did two weeks ago and I really loved it two weeks ago. It’s such a rewarding album to listen to mutiple times. I’m always hearing new things and noticing different parts of each song stand out. Something this band does so well is just make great use of every member. It never feels like someone’s just there, they all have moments where they really shine. I’m in awe of this album.

20. J12

Trusted Supporter

I still haven't gotten my vinyl but I'm not even upset because I'll get to rediscover this record all over again when it comes in.

21. felipecardel Apr 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 12, 2019)
    felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

i've been in a weird spot with this album so far. as with all their albums i don't really care for a couple songs (numb without you and forevermore) and the last two are still growing on me. absolutely love the rest, but as a whole it feels kind of uneven and disconnected. for some reason flowers doesn't really feel like it should be this long.

still a pretty sure lock for my top 10, possibly top 5, but this will probably sit in the middle of their discog for me. i mean, it's one of the best discogs of the century so yeah

also, for those hoping to see them play full albums, they're doing Pioneer in its entirety down here in a couple months for no reason at all. i checked, they just felt like it. so always expect this band to spice things up. i'm pretty confident that if a huge amount of people ask them for *anything*, be it playing an older album in its entirety or releasing YAOK on a freaking floppy disk set, there's a good chance they'll make it happen. they are that kind of band.

22. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I think the massive difference for me with this album compared to LLL is, I can’t throw it on whenever. I feel I need to be in a certain mood for this one? With LLL I can throw that on anytime and it lifts my mood completely.

23. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I’ve come to absolutely love this album

skurt likes this.
  24. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

AOTY Contender for sure

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  25. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

Not my vid

JBoch likes this.