Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Maine - You Are Ok (March 29, 2019) Album • Page 41

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ArmsLikeTeeth, Jan 15, 2019.

1. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

This is true

Mr. Serotonin and brendanmachow like this.
  2. schackbr

Regular

pre-order shipped! won't receive till the 9th though...

3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Mine shipped today and is also supposed to arrive today yes!!!!

jorbjorb likes this.
  4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Driving with this album on did it for me, but it was driving in the desert mountains. Should be an awesome summer album. What part of northern MI are you from? I have tons of family in Traverse. That place was like a second home to me. I miss it. It’s beautiful there when it’s nice out.

Craig Manning likes this.
  5. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I live in Traverse! Grew up here, then moved back last year. Summers here are gorgeous. Winters can be beautiful too, they just last like five months.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I definitely don’t miss the Midwest winters haha.

Craig Manning likes this.
  7. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

In "Numb Without You" at the 1:15 mark, he sings "screams inside of me" and there's a vocal effect on the background vocal that gives off a 'voice inside your head' effect.

Thought that was a cool touch. Does anyone know what that background vocal is? Kinda sounds like it just repeats "screams indie of me", but if it doesn't, I'm curious what it is.

beachdude and earthlight like this.
  8. Craig Manning

Maybe it’s because I spent a couple years in parts of the country that actually get real spring, but our last few winters have seemed historically awful.

9. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Listened to this a few times. No it's not LLL pt.2 and that's fine. Capturing lightening in a bottle would be impossible anyway. But I do enjoy this. I'm in the same boat as I think Jason where nothing before LLL stood out, but then LLL just floored me out of nowhere.

Songs that don't do much for me (yet) are: Slip The Noose, Tears Wont Cry, One Sunset. Everything else is good/great, but not "incredible" for me yet. I need a good sunny summer day for this. Good thing the leaves are mid-bloom, but too bad the pollen has everything yellow.

10. I respect your opinion, but also cannot imagine not being floored by "Slip the Noose," especially with the "Flowers on the Grave" lyrical connection.

11. Joshua

Regular

Curious to see how well this album sells, they've continued to chart higher since forever Halloween and I'm not sure if that will continue with this one considering how huge this past week was with new releases

beachdude and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  12. i have not been in the mood to really listen to the whole thing butslip the noose is a sick song

beachdude and Aregala like this.
  13. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Damn, Slip The Noose and Tears Won't Cry are probably my top 2 songs at this point haha.

14. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

It feels like they were really trying to be every 2007 band at the same time (MCR Panic The Killers)

15. marissalg

Trusted

Flowers on the Grave is just such a killer closer. I wanna check out LLL but I can’t stop listening to this haha.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  16. Craig Manning

I think "Broken Parts" is my favorite. Just can't stop going back to that one. Though whoever said it sounds suspiciously like "One" by U2 was not wrong. Bring on the mashup!

17. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

I really hope they open with Slip The Noose on the Grayscale tour

18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I wish they would drop Right Girl as a setlist staple, it's a fun song, and fun live, but I'd love a chance to hear Don't Stop Now again or Growing Up or a few others from that album.

(I stand by B&W as my least favorite, but that's really because I just don't like Fuel to the Fire or Every Road, and I think Give It To Me is pretty corny, the rest of the album is honestly great).

Pepetito likes this.
  19. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

So, I think Broken Parts is going to be one of those songs that will mean a lot to me for years to come. That song gives me the feels. Damn.

20. Peachfuzz

I'll be with you the whole way.

Saw them yesterday, first time was in 2012. Solid stuff.
    Got The Sound of Reverie, great surprise!

21. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Life is crazy, baby. Don’t forget the seatbelt.

22. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  23. emojedi

Trusted

Funny you say this cause I want more B&W in the setlist.

24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'm on board as long as they pick the right songs! I'd go wild if they threw in Don't Stop Now.

25. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

We need to get a live video of Slip the Noose. Come on Internet, do your work!

lostawholeyear likes this.