Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Maine - You Are Ok (March 29, 2019) Album • Page 40

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ArmsLikeTeeth, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

Super stoked for @sophos34 to hear the closer if he hasn’t already

beachdude, jorbjorb and FTank like this.
  2. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

at this point, I’m pretty sure I’ll love whatever this band does next regardless but I’d love an album full of songs like Broken Parts tbh

beachdude and Aregala like this.
  3. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

AC, LLL, and this are such a great 3 album stretch and are wonderful in a playlist while ur doing inventory at work

4. trevorshmevor Apr 2, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 3, 2019)
    I know we should be talking YOA but real quick I don’t think I’ll ever *truly* be over how much fun Bad Behavior is

5. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

One Sunset is currently my favorite.

6. Joshua

Regular

I think this is the first album I've listened to where the back half is more appealing to me than the first half, I love the whole album but I find myself drifting towards those last 4 songs

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  7. that album was dangerously close to being perfect tbh

8. seanxwilliams

Scar crossed lovers, forever

Seeing them on Saturday in London again and I am so stoked. Also hoping that they'll maybe have copies of Can't Stop, Won't Stop on vinyl at the merch table...

9. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Yep, after 15 odd full listens since Friday, this is my favourite The Maine album. I've loved every album since B&W too, so it's crazy that #7 has had this impact on me. Easily the first time where an album this late on is my favourite work by a band. "Integrity Blues" by JEW is the only other example of that coming close to happening that I can think of.

Actually, "Untitled" by blink.

10. prattsy

Regular

Had the same reaction with this as someone earlier - first listen I was really let down. Repeated listens have revealed some courageous writing and decisions. The album reminds me of 00's pop-rock but with more ambition. I dig it.

11. Finally gonna check this out tonight. LLL and American Candy are pretty neck and neck for me, so this'll be interesting

12. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

I'm so drunk and so proud to have grown up alongside this band called the maine. Thanks for making things OK. Gonna cry and smile and listen to Flowers again.

beachdude, meggers, Aregala and 2 others like this.
  13. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

In "Heaven," when he sings "Let it live, let it die!"

I half expect Martin Johnson's voice to pop in and go "cuz we are finally free... 2nite"

SpyKi, beachdude, Max_123 and 8 others like this.
  14. jorbjorb

7 rings

I love the production on this whole thing.
    [​IMG]

15. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Finally got to take this for a drive today and I love it even more now. Driving by the water with "Heaven" blaring felt epic. Can't wait to jam this in the summertime with the windows down. (Unfortunately, we still have snow in northern Michigan.)

16. nohandstoholdonto

same and I don’t even like that band

JRGComedy likes this.
  17. nohandstoholdonto

yeah, this is a perfect record to drive to

18. Delysid

Regular

Its weird how I loved cant stop won’t stop when it came out and feel like a minority in that. I still dig that album maybe out of nostalgia. Wasnt big on black and white aside from inside of you then I missed out on everything up until American candy which I didn’t even fully explore.. I missed out on LLL. I checked this record out because of the encore podcast and I love it so much. Really strong songs here and the best part is how they feel like a cohesive piece. I love albums rather than singles so that is right up my alley. I need to now go back and do a deep dive into the records I missed.

19. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I would say going backwards would be a good way to do this. Each album has something going for it! But we really want to hook you as a fan with LLL haha

Delysid likes this.
  20. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

My buddy doesn't like the verses on Feel it All Over and I was like...how??

SEANoftheDEAD and trevorshmevor like this.
  21. meggers

Trusted

jorbjorb likes this.
  22. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

I'm currently a Grubhub driver and I have played this a lot during my shifts. Can confirm. Great for driving. :thumbup:

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  23. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

Maybe the best part of the song wtf

24. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I was hooked from the start. Chorus is classic Maine. Could’ve been on American Candy, but I really love the verses too.

25. Flowers on the Grave.

Oh. My. God. This band's magnum opus for SURE. Full thoughts on this record tomorrow.