Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Maine - You Are Ok (March 29, 2019) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ArmsLikeTeeth, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Nope! That’s what’s so weird. I’ve tried. I tried at the time, I tried after really liking LLL, and I’ve even tried over the past few months. I actively dislike a lot of those albums; I’ve never had that happen with a band before. It’s why LLL blew me away. I didn’t expect it, and put it on as a favor, and think it’s so far and away their best work and one of the better albums to come out in a long time. (I think it’s my most consistently played album of the past few years.)

Those albums sounds just ... hmm .. a nice way of saying it, “aren’t my style.”

2. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Are the records before LLL similar? That’s the only one I’ve ever heard

3. American Candy is sort of a sibling sonically, but nah none of the ones before that sound anything like LLL

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  4. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I’d say AC is the sunny side of LLL, Pioneer is the other side of FH.

They’re good albums, but FH and pioneer don’t speak to me at all. Try them out!

Zac Djamoos, beachdude and dash64 like this.
  5. Grant

I could never fully get into The Maine until LLL. The title track on American Candy is my favorite though. Stoked to hear what they do with this new album.

6. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

7. Jeebs

Always curious to see when this album gets released and how many songs it has, heard 11-12.

8. Joe DeAndrea

Regular Supporter

"How Do You Feel" is such a good closer on LLL

9. I need these guys to re-press their last three albums as well

jlinitz and jorbjorb like this.
  10. emojedi

Trusted

Pioneer and LLL I find are such different albums

11. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I still don't like American Candy, even after trying multiple times since LLL came out. I've never liked Pioneer. I'm a fan of Black & White and Forever Halloween, though.

Will listen to the new song momentarily

12. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Hmmm this is different. I dig, very interested to know where it is in the track listing

earthlight and beachdude like this.
  13. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I agree!

14. I followed them kind of casually through the Pioneer/FH era and then AC was their first album that really hooked me. Then LLL cemented them as one of my favorite current bands. I feel like LLL and AC are good companion albums, and their tour playing those two in full was amazing. Excited to hear this track and get a taste of where they're headed next.

beachdude likes this.
  15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I still can't believe they did that tour. "Hey all our previous peers are doing 10-year anniversary tours but we're just gonna play our 2 newest records are you guys down?"

Really even back as far as Pioneer, they are one of the few bands that does full album plays of their new music. I wish more bands did that. Plus it benefits the band cus it kind of forces people to get on board.

16. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

Def my favorite from the album.

I'm really excited to hear Jared's riffs again. John's vocals are obviously the band's distinguishing factor but I think the guitar melodies really carried the last two records and helped to bring their sound up to another level.

17. Yeah and then they skipped New York and I'm still not really over it.

18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I think one of the things that makes them so successful as a band is how much chemistry they have together when they play. I just think they fire on all cylinders and all have standout moments on each album, and that definitely came together on LLL. Like Lost In Nostalgia is pretty much all about the baseline and John takes a back seat. I think the most memorable hook in Bad Behaviour is the "do do DO DO" guitar sound.

19. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Let me tell you what i had to go through to get to that show... lol I was supposed to go to the Chicago show, had my ticket and everything, then work was like haha you thought and they sent me off to Michigan that week. The Maine was playing Cleveland on Friday which I think was like 3 hours away and I had to be back in Michigan Monday anyway so I decided not to go home for the weekend, and took a solo roadtrip to Cleveland. The show was also sold out when I first checked and I just lucked out that the venue released some tickets for purchase by phone. And then i barely made it there in time for the Maine (but I DID) and I even got to hang with some Chorus peeps and the Maine themselves after the show.

That turned into a way longer story than anyone was asking for but tl;dr I was literally willing to do anything to go to that show, and I think that maybe God wanted me to be there too cus too much could've gone wrong.

20. I had to take the ACT the day after the Philly show, which doesn't need explaining. If I had known I wanted to major in music I wouldn't have had to take it and could have seen this. Damn.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

You just weren't as dedicated as me I guess :/ :/ :/ Jk though that is understandable (at the time at least).

ryanfears likes this.
  22. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Really good song

23. Jeebs

Between the single album art, the song, the verses, this is a completely different Maine but still the Maine and i'm so here for it. I know people are like you are crazy but this is a logical progression for them

24. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

Yep. I don't want or need American Candy part III (not a shot at LLL, but in many ways it does feel like a moodier AC). I'm glad that they're not afraid to be bold and step out on a ledge.

beachdude and Jeebs like this.
  25. TDenverFan

Regular

Love the song