Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Maine - You Are Ok (March 29, 2019) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ArmsLikeTeeth, Jan 15, 2019.

1. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Just checking that I'm not dumb: we haven't gotten a release date yet, right?

2. jorbjorb

7 rings

that chorus is so good

3. Correct. Album announcement should be coming tomorrow as well.

4. cshadows2887

Did you ever think this band would turn into a respectable and accomplished career band back in their haircut/neon days? Never stops blowing my mind.

5. I did not. Haha. I think their last album is my most played album in a long time. It truly blew me away.

6. cshadows2887

In particular, "Bad Behavior" is one of the best pop-rock/power-pop songs in a whiiiiiiiiile.

Tbh, I probably should have guessed a scene band who could write a great Christmas song had some real longevity in their future.

7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

It's so wild to me. No one else from that scene is left standing really except them and All Time Low. And maybe Mayday Parade and We the Kings, but even they aren't seeing this kind of success on their new music. And I don't think any newer pop punk bands are really holding a candle to them either. It's impressive as hell what they've managed to pull off.

beachdude and earthlight like this.
  8. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

What are the odds of a tour announcement tomorrow as well?

9. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

I am loving this new direction. They're getting even better. Not used to seeing this so far into a band's career.

beachdude and jorbjorb like this.
  10. schackbr

Regular

my. god. this is good.

beachdude likes this.
  11. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

Woah, didn't see them going in this direction at all but I'm all for it. I can't wait to see how it fits in context with the rest of the album. It'll also be interesting to see how they decide to handle the strings live.

The artwork is absolutely gorgeous too. My favorite of theirs yet.

beachdude likes this.
  12. jorbjorb

7 rings

They did it again. Love this.

beachdude likes this.
  13. schackbr

Regular

I think the biggest thing they've done is evolve and improve. I can easily say that LLL is their best record and you can't do that with a lot of bands.

beachdude and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  14. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Same! I love every second of LLL and I'd argue it's my favourite release of the last few years. That album to me is a masterpiece.

I just find it weird that my love for LLL doesn't reflect the rest of their discog. It's very hit and miss for me after B&W till LLL.

15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Well yea exactly. It's crazy that a band originally from that scene was able to overcome the nostalgia and convince people to actually get on board with their new music. I mean I could think of plenty of artists who have released better music after their first couple albums but still don't care about it as much as their first couple records.

16. schackbr

Regular

I often forget how much I like American Candy because of LLL. I revisited recently and was having a blast in the car haha.

17. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

I’m so ready for this record

18. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

This was my immediate thought, too.

19. Ok I finally listened to the whole thing and holy SHIT. So pre-ordering this tomorrow.

beachdude and KidLightning like this.
  20. I truly don’t like any of their albums except their last two. That’s how much of a surprise it was for me, and it tool me getting into LLL to finally have the previous connect with me (although I still skip “Hair”). I can’t think of any other artist that I’ve had this happen with.

21. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Literally my exact experience. I listened but didn’t connect with AC, but LLL really reframed AC for me. It’s a fun one.

beachdude and Jason Tate like this.
  22. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Not a fan of Pioneer or Forever Halloween at all?

23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Y'all are really sleeping on Pioneer and Forever Halloween :(

Especially Pioneer - the more consistent of the two. Although Forever Halloween has some absolute bangers: Take What You Can Carry, Run, Love & Drugs, and Sad Songs are all particularly great.

Contender likes this.
  24. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

I like most of their stuff, but the last two records were in a whole other league. LLL in particular might be my favorite of the last 5 years easily.

beachdude and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  25. I like the new Halloween record a lot but yeah their last two are their best