Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Maine - XOXO: From Love and Anxiety In Real Time (July 9, 2021) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Anthony_, Mar 15, 2021.

1. JeebsJay

Regular

Is it pretty normal for an indy band to have co-writes with songwriters that big? I know they worked with Butch Walker on B&W when they were with WB but this is pop gold. This band never misses.

macbethfan likes this.
  2. meggers

Trusted

I think they’ve been friends with Andrew since he was in The Friday Night Boys. I can’t remember if they toured together or not.

3. Damn I must’ve missed that. Too late now.

4. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

Good point and you're right. They don't miss. Can't believe how much they've been able to mature and experiment with their sound the past few years, and they're underrated IMO. I think Lovely Little Lonely would've sold millions if it came out in the 90's. There'd be some production changes maybe, but it's sooooooo good at the sound it's aiming for. Can't believe I didn't find out about them till right before You Are OK came out. I slept on them for far too long.

JamesMichael likes this.
  5. JeebsJay

Regular

I've loved this band since 2008...got me through some tough times and I feel like if they wanted they could be absolutely huge but I love them for the fact they decided to go a route where they can make the music they wanted. Lovely Little Lonely is their best album by far but I get the sense the fact they probably sat on #8 a bit and with Sticky being their first single..this album is going to be their best work.

6. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I dig the song but it didn’t blow me away like any track from LLL. I love this band though and I can’t wait to hear more.

I’m sure I’ll be humming the song for days.

JBoch, jorbjorb and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  7. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Bad Behavior didn’t really blow me away either when it first dropped, thought it was catchy and a good first single. Have a feeling this may be a similar situation. I get a lot of AC/LLL vibes from this.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  8. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Based on musicharbor it does appear that this is the album art.

Attached Files:

9. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Kinda lame album art. Dig the song though.

Leftandleaving likes this.
  10. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

I agree that the art is lame. Guess they’re going for a bright summery thing? Doesn’t do much for me

Leftandleaving likes this.
  11. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Just heard the song for first time. Great song for summer. Wish we didn't have to wait till July for this record to drop. I need it in my bones and in my soul.

12. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

July is so far away. I’m assuming they picked July because touring might be a thing again by then?

13. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Forgot this went live last night. Thankfully the 180g Yellow was still available. Copped that, but, like others said, $14 as the only shipping option is criminal.

14. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I like the album art it’s minimalist and surprisingly effective, but I like stuff like that

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  15. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

THIS is the opener? Sounds like a b-side track.

16. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

It literally costs more to ship this vinyl to Australia ($41) than it does to buy the record ($32).

Love the new track, though. Been subconsciously singing the chorus for the better part of the night. What a rich vein of form this band is in.

17. jorbjorb

7 rings

Liking this

18. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Sounds like a pretty bangin opener to me colonel

19. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Awful art lol

earthlight likes this.
  20. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

The $14 was a ridiculous, but I’d regret not getting this. Thank you stimmie.

Mr. Serotonin and Jason Tate like this.
  21. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

song is like a sugary treat that i can't stop eating.

would have been perfect for the radio a few years ago.

earthlight likes this.
  22. btr

Trusted Supporter

I was hoping that was just single art

SpyKi likes this.
  23. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Weirdly I was just on YouTube and it said they were just going live so I decided to check it out and I managed to catch the premiere of the music video!

beachdude and Smittzerland like this.
  24. JeebsJay

Regular

Video/song is infectious....song should garner some attention.

JamesMichael likes this.
  25. meggers

Trusted

If anyone lives in the Phoenix area and didn’t pick local pickup while selecting shipping, I’ve had a few friends email their merch company and they’ve switched it for them.

The Pierogi likes this.