Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Maine w/ The Wrecks and The Technicolors Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by cricketandclover, Jan 21, 2018.

1. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Just listen to Pioneer. That's the only one I think you'll like. Also the band redid "Growing Up" from Black & White on Warped in 2016 and it sounds amazing. It sounds like it could've been on American Candy.

EDIT: Start at 24:03

Brent and ryanfears like this.
  2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I would agree Pioneer is the one you'd like more, but I'd give Forever Halloween another run. At the very least Take What You Can Carry, Run, Love & Drugs, Happy, and Sad Songs are all great tunes.

3. SPine

Trusted

Pioneer is def #1 in my books. LLL has now been at #2. Forever Halloween #3. #4 American Candy. I never saw them during the first two albums. That Forever Halloween tour was so good. Peabodys (RIP)

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  4. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's so funny - I saw them at Warped Tour in 2009 when I was 16, and then didn't see them again until 2015 on the American Candy tour. I just kept missing them on their headliners and they conflicted with Less than Jake at Warped 2014, so I missed them there.

5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Aw man all this talk got me listening to Forever Halloween and I'm vibing hard. I may have to revisit my ranking. I forgot how great Blood Red is.

SPine likes this.
  6. chelsealouanne

Regular

I don't understand why CSWS and BW are ranked so poorly here! These plus Pioneer are probably my top ones. Then again, I've been a fan since their debut was released.

7. ALT/MSC/FAN

CSWS is a pretty average, cookie cutter "of the times" scene record, but it's still fun and cute for what it is. And I just don't really come back to B&W that much, but it definitely isn't bad. "Growing Up" is one of the band's best songs.

chelsealouanne likes this.
  8. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I like CSWS, but it's just the most generic of the bunch I'd say. Some great songs but it's not a special album per day. Black & White is just so bland to me. Pioneer things got really exciting.

9. SPine

Trusted

I looked up the Pioneer documentary. It's been awhile since I've seen it. The Maine: Anthem for a Dying Breed. It's so good

10. GEM37

She haunts the roads

You forgot the First Rule of Chorus.fm: Everything You Care About Sucks.

11. I would definitely like to see pre AC songs even back to Black & White (criminally underrated record, in my opinion) but I think a LLL/AC dominated set is amazing. Especially since they probably won’t play songs like The Sound of Reverie or My Hair too much.

12. On their merch store, they have a free HQ live session and it has that version of the song.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  13. ALT/MSC/FAN

Excuse me?

[​IMG]

14. Despite being my favorite song they’ve ever written, it’s not being pushed too much so I don’t see it staying in the set.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  15. ALT/MSC/FAN

Ahhhh I thought you were saying you didn't like it and was prepared to fight, hahaha.

16. Oh god no. That chorus has been stuck in my head since the record came out. Absolutely a perfect song.

17. chelsealouanne

Regular

Valid point. I've learned this in absolutepunk, haha.

And with mention of The Sound of Reverie, I'll state it's my favourite of LLL!

GEM37 and ryanfears like this.
  18. jorbjorb

7 rings

I'm going to see these guys for the first time in April. I hope it's just stuff from the last two albums to be honest.

19. SPine

Trusted

My friend can't go anymore. I'm still planning on going to the Columbus one. Then hitting Turnover the next day

20. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

My wife is being induced the day of the Carrboro show, so guess I'm missing out on this one too lol.

21. meggers

Trusted

The Maine’s setlist:

Diet Soda
    Growing Up
    American Candy
    Am I Pretty?
    How Do You Feel?
    Misery
    Everything I Ask For
    English Girls
    Like We Did
    Run
    Don’t Give Up On Us
    Sound Of Reverie
    Right Girl
    Whoever She Is
    Black Butterflies
    Some Days
    Bad Behavior
    Another Night On Mars

One song is fan voted every night through the band’s Instagram account. Don’t Give Up On Us was the fan voted song.

Brent and bkaeser93 like this.
  22. bkaeser93

Trusted

Love it. What were the other fan choices?

23. meggers

Trusted

Ice Cave was the other option. Pat posted it on the band’s Instagram story, so I’m assuming that’s how it’ll be done each day.

24. bkaeser93

Trusted

Okay. This set makes me sad that they aren’t coming to my city or close to it. Happy seeing Can’t Stop Won’t Stop songs besides Girls Do What They Want and Black & White songs being played again.

meggers likes this.
  25. Stoked on The Sound of Reverie. Too bad I’m missing this tour.