The Maine/Twin XL - The Mirror Tour (Fall 2019) Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TylerDrumming, Aug 5, 2019.

1. meggers

Regular

I’m curious the dates without an extra opener might get a longer set from The Maine.

2. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

My date gets none of those. Which might actually be a good thing for me, since Hellogoodbye is doing a small living room tour that night that I don’t think I can miss lol.

3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Fair enough, but I still think Chicago is most likely since they're from there.

4. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Hm? They're from SoCal.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Lol I am clearly very off about something here. I must have mixed up with another band at one point because this has been in my head for a while.

Anyway, I now highly doubt the “?” will be Chicago. Carry on everyone

6. Brent

Ready When You Are Supporter

Stoked for Nick to be at Boston. Hoping for a heavy set of A Rocket To The Moon tunes.

7. bkaeser93

Regular

Really wish any of those artist were playing the Tampa date

8. prtyscenes

welcome to hell boys

right? was majorly hoping for another artist on top of twin xl. they're good, but not as good as the ones that got added.

9. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

They've already said that they're playing the longest set they've played in a while, so I can't imagine how long of a set we'd get without that extra opener. I'm down for a 2 hour Maine set, though, but I'm sure the show will probably just end early.

10. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Not to mention this will be a pretty precisely time-coded show, I imagine, with all the audio and visual elements. Not a lot of room to add songs.

Brent likes this.
  11. meggers

Regular

12. peripheralvision

I'd love them to play Inside of You and I Must Be Dreaming on the European leg as well. Also, them closing with Flowers is very cool.

Pepetito likes this.
  13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Do we know what made this tour so unique? Is it like really that wild where I should wait and be surprised?

14. meggers

Regular

I’m going tonight and will post afterwards. I haven’t seen much from last night’s show, but they did have a video screen onstage. Beyond that I didn’t see much.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Sounds good, have a blast! That’s a great setlist

meggers likes this.
  16. bkaeser93

Regular

No Broken Parts is very disappointing

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  17. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Still pissed that they did that to English Girls, cause that was by far the best song in their discog, but whatever.

Also surprised that "Do You Remember? (The Other Half Of 23)" didn't become a live staple.

earthlight likes this.
  18. Pepetito

Regular Supporter

Did what to English girls?

19. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

"English Girls" is definitely not their best song. :chin:

jlinitz likes this.
  20. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Idk, I feel like this band is best when they're doing that whole nostalgic storytelling thing, and English Girls is an awesome example of that.

I will concede it's not their best song, but it is my favorite, which is better.

21. meggers

Regular

Few setlist differences tonight. Lonely and How Do You Feel we’re further down in the setlist. They completely cut While Listening To Rock And Roll.

As someone who’s been seeing them since 2008, this is hands down the best tour I’ve ever seen them do. If you have a chance to get to a show do it.

Twin XL played 9 songs and were the only opener tonight. I’d assume they play less on nights when there’s 2 openers.

22. Pepetito

Regular Supporter

Getting bummed on the setlist. No taxi. No reverie. No miles away.

Did they have a string section for flowers?

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  23. SPine

Trusted

Wow that sucks they cut While Listening to Rock and Roll. I love that song.. They hyped up this setlist so hard all these months. I don't think it's that great of a setlist. Could have picked better songs from each album.

Pepetito and Blink182Bouncer like this.
  24. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Also they said this would be their longest set ever but like-- this is only 17 songs, where they played as much 20 on some dates of their Spring Tour so like?

Also, I didn't even notice they cut Taxi, that should be criminal. I'm glad they represented 'Black & White' and 'Pioneer' more on this set, but it's at the expense of so many fan favorites (shocked about the absence of so many CSWS cuts)

Pepetito likes this.
  25. meggers

Regular

No string section for Flowers just a backing track.

Their keyboard/unofficial 6th member, Adam, was sick last night and didn’t play so I don’t know if that had any impact on them not playing Listening to Rock and Roll or not.