The Maine/Twin XL - The Mirror Tour (Fall 2019) Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TylerDrumming, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Darth Annihilus

Regular

Maybe they'll do a couple requests, that would be really cool.

2. Blink182Bouncer Aug 14, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 16, 2019)
    Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

If they bring back English Girls or Taxi, I'll POP OFF.

Pepetito likes this.
  3. AMusial625

Regular

I know some bands/artists have been offering packages with special headphones that allow you to hear things from the bands perspective, almost like having a live monitor in your ear. I wonder if they would try something like this.

ArmsLikeTeeth likes this.
  4. ArmsLikeTeeth

Trusted Supporter

As a huge audio geek I would LOVE this

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  5. meggers

Regular

deadwrong, Brent and bkaeser93 like this.
  6. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

7. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Do we know for sure if there's a third band? Maybe The Maine's just doing a really long set with only Twin XL opening.

8. meggers

Regular

When the dates originally leaked it had both Twin XL and The Wrecks as support. The poster still does say Twin XL and special guests.

9. Brent

Ready When You Are Supporter

The Boston show only has Twin XL as of now... and starts at 6:30, which is earlier than pretty much any other show I've seen lately.

10. jimmyjazz39

Regular

the maine confirmed their set to be about 1 1/2 hours on twitter so i think there's gonna be another band i just don't think it's the wrecks

11. ComplexDivide7

It's not The Wrecks. The tour dates for this tour that were listed on their official band site were removed

12. Blink182Bouncer Aug 18, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 18, 2019)
    Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Yea, cause they weren't suppposed to be announced yet, that doesn't mean they left the tour, it means someone's management put the dates on BandsInTown prematurely.

tyramail likes this.
  13. ComplexDivide7 Aug 18, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 18, 2019)
    ComplexDivide7

Oh, well since they were there after the tour was announced and their name was on it, I just assumed. But yeah, somebody did mess up.

But I feel that the fact that they've announced Twin XL and not The Wrecks means that they are aware of the backlash and more than likely are looking for a last minute replacement. I would be very surprised if they didn't drop off or if The Maine haven't kicked them off. Plus, Nick, the singer from The Wrecks (the one that is at the center of the controversy) is looking into therapy, so I really feel like The Wrecks will just continue to work on their new music and Nick will also spend time/focus on trying to better himself, assuming the backlash was enough of a wakeup call for him.

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  14. Matt504

Regular Prestigious

The Wrecks literally just played a show last night, I don’t think they’re going into hibernation mode...

15. ComplexDivide7

I didn't say they were going on that kind of hiatus. I know they are playing a few shows/festivals. But that was the actual planned tour. They have new music they are working on and the singer is planning on getting therapy.

Listen whatever happens, I hope all goes well. Whether The Maine finds another band or not, whether The Wrecks tour or not (inevitable because new music), Nick working on himself through therapy and whatnot.

I wish everyone the best in this situation.

16. prtyscenes

welcome to hell boys

i'll be at tampa!

17. Brent

Ready When You Are Supporter

I wouldn't say inevitable because of new music. Brand New released Science Fiction in Aug 2017, then briefly toured for about 3 months until the news of Jesse had them stop touring (and of course, haven't played a show since).

18. ArmsLikeTeeth

Trusted Supporter

Literally half of this thread is people arguing about whether The Wrecks are on this tour or not

19. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

I don't know who The Wrecks are or what the backstory is, but I will say that The Maine is far too wholesome and smart to allow a problematic band on their tour.

Brent likes this.
  20. meggers

Regular

21. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

bought my tickets today! seeing them for the first time so idk what that means lol

22. meggers

Regular

You’re in for such a good show! I’ve been seeing them for over 11 years and it still blows me away how good they are and how they’ve evolved over the years.

lostawholeyear and tyramail like this.
  23. Xpertguy5

Regular

24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Honestly pretty jealous of those who get WhoHurtYou. I'm sure This Wild Life will be added to the Chicago show after Riot Fest.

25. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

This Wild Life is currently on a headliner, so that extra date they're doing could be anything.