Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Maine Top the Independent Album Charts

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

JamesMichael likes this.
  2. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

:rocket::rocket::rocket:

lostawholeyear and JamesMichael like this.
  3. ballroomtrance

Regular

Any idea how many albums they sold? Anyone have a guess? I'm assuming #54 on Billboard 200 translates to somewhere around 10-15k?

4. Deservingly so

5. VivaLaPopPunk

Regular

One of my favorite albums of 2019 so far. They definitely deserve this!

6. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

This album is so good, that last song is just unreal.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  7. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

:champagne::clap:

8. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

7,639 sold according to hits daily double.

9. jorbjorb

7 rings

right on

10. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Is this good for them? This seems low to me, but I don't really have a good gauge. Album is great though. Been streaming it basically nonstop (aside from Youth Fountain's debut album).

11. Can someone answer this or point me to where I find this answer.

Do I help a band more by buying their album or streaming the album over and over? I feel conflicted when I buy an album and find myself 10+ listens in of the whole thing wondering how much they'd get from me if I was streaming it?

12. Mr. Serotonin

You get hardly anything from steams but eventually they add up to at least a little something. The best way would obviously be to buy the record and then stream it instead of listening to the record you just bought :crylaugh:

zachmacD and ilikedesigning like this.
  13. zachmacD

Trusted

The analytics are also great for the band to know what songs to play live or what songs to release videos for. If I really love an album, I usually just buy the vinyl and listen to the album via streaming

14. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Without any legit radio play, this is good. Their highest charting album was Black & White (debuted at number 16 on Billboard Top 200).

CyberInferno likes this.
  15. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

According to Billboard, "Under the updated album equivalent ratios, 1,250 premium audio streams, 3,750 ad-supported streams, or 3,750 video streams are equal to one album unit." source

They redid that formula fairly recently, so unless you stream a whole lot, you're significantly better off buying the album than streaming it.

Of course, if you really wanted to help the band, you'd buy the album and just stream it anyway. That's what I've been doing recently. That way, you're contributing twice.

Oh, and option c) of going to their concerts, buying merch from them, etc. are all good ways to support the bands too. Also, buying digital versions directly from Bandcamp and sites like that are good options.

16. Mr. Serotonin

The fact that you have to stream an album 1250 times for it to be 1 unit is so crazy to me :crylaugh:

17. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

I've probably streamed AC about that many times so I don't feel too bad about never buying it