Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Maine Share Another Book Excerpt

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Maine have shared another excerpt from their book, You Are OK: Finding Your Way When Life Doesn’t Feel OK, on Medium:

I found — or maybe she found me — the love of my life at the start of the Lovely Little Lonely Tour and have been extremely happy with my relationship for the past couple of years. But as a person, as an individual, I ended up stumbling upon some of those same feelings of anxiety and worry and dread at the start of writing this record. I think it just was a culmination of stress and thinking, “How much longer can I do this?” I was moving into a new place and worrying if I was going to be able to afford rent and all this shit. It just felt like the enormity of the world was solely resting on my shoulders. Going to write this record, it was like, “I don’t know what the fuck I’m going to do.” You Are OK sort of walked out.

arcarsenal72 likes this.
  2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Really interesting article.

I like/love all of The Maine's records (after Can't Stop Won't Stop) but for me, their best record is always going to be Pioneer and now I know why.

John Mentioned how all over the place it is musically and how he just wrote whatever he wanted to even if it didn't fit. I love that. Also, the record has Misery and When I'm At Home - 2 of my all-time favorite Maine songs.

Anyways - Maine marathon at the office begins now!

Brent and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  3. Mr. Serotonin Apr 19, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 19, 2019)
    Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

When I'm At Home is so :fire: :fire: :fire:

EDIT: I forgot Some Days was on Pioneer. Whoa. Thought it was from B&W.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I pretty much love every single song on Pioneer. I can't say the same for any of their other releases. The rest are great but there's always a few songs I think are just alright and borderline filler.

After listening to all their records today?

Pioneer > You Are OK > Forever Halloween/American Candy > Lovely Little Lonely >> Black and White >>>>>>> Can't Stop Won't Stop

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  5. Mr. Serotonin

I can’t say cause almost each has a top song for me except for B&W, and FH. It’d prolly be somethin like LLL>Pioneer=AC>YAO>the rest

Really depends on my mood though. They write entire records based off of a mood haha. I love it.

6. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

B&W is insanely forgettable... like, absolutely cannot think of a single song off that album. Not sure how that came about, but it's just so bad every time I try listening to it.

Pioneer > LLL > American Candy > You Are OK > Forever Halloween > CSWS >>>>>>>> B&W

7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Not a fan of B&W at all but I do love Inside of You and like Every Road, Don’t Stop Now, and Color.

8. Mr. Serotonin

Yeah I like Inside of You a lot but that’s it