Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Maine - Modern Nostalgia Tour Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by andrew.elofson, Jun 12, 2017.

1. andrew.elofson

I did not see this one coming but holy shit, I'm so excited!

Attached Files:

jordanjohnson09 likes this.
  2. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Smart move

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i'm truly curious how much a can't stop won't stop tour would pull in comparison to this

4. Chase

CAF

I'll definitely be at the Beachland date! Awesome choice of venue

JaytotheGee likes this.
  5. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

officially announced

6. thisisnotbrianm Jun 12, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 12, 2017)
    thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Probably the same in terms of pull at this point. The Maine's fanbase is super weird (weird as in unconventional), and if anything has only grown stronger since those days, and full-heartedly supports the new material (Pioneer and on) more than the old.

I don't even think I've seen a fanbase with that mentality. It's super impressive, bravo to the Maine for not being stuck in that "nostalgia bubble" that a lot of their contemporaries (Mayday Parade, We the Kings, CIWWAF, etc.) got stuck in where people have stopped caring about their new material and are stuck on 10 year old albums.

pauljgreco likes this.
  7. meggers

Trusted

I asked both Pat and Garrett last tour how'd they feel about a 10 year tour for CSWS and neither seemed that into it. I do wish they'd play some of it but who knows.

Surprised Dallas is at an outdoor venue for November, but still so excited!

8. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Wow I was really hoping they'd do LLL in full but getting American Candy with it is not bad at all (even if I've already seen it in full). I will 100% be there.

It's really cool that they're able to do this and will still sell out most these days. Not many bands can do a tour playing only from their two newest albums and get away with it, but then again not many bands make new albums that are as good as the Maine's.

thisisnotbrianm likes this.
  9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I will definitely be at the Cleveland date

10. cwhit

i haven't listened to the band in a long time and this new stuff doesn't interest me either but their evolution as a band seems fascinating, they're about the only band from that era not holding onto it.

11. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Even as someone who's favorite Maine release is Black & White, I think this is really cool and will definitely try to go. Smart move for them to not to try to chase the anniversary tour trend because it seems to be biting bands in the ass on album cycles that follow it (lots of those bands seem to be downgrading in venue size after playing full albums)

ryanfears likes this.
  12. cwhit

to a degree for a lot of fans that allows them to see a lot of the songs they want to see and then there's no reason to see them anymore. i felt that way to a degree with the jack's mannequin EIT tour, now I've seen it all and i don't need to bother going to an AMITW show to see a few songs that i've already likely seen

13. cwhit

also i'm assuming they're adding philly and more after the dashboard shows

14. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I totally agree. I felt that way about Say anything after the IARB tour, specially since their live shows (and to a degree, their music) have gone way downhill in quality since

15. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Planning to go to the Chicago date for sure.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  16. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

pls add a MI date or I will have to travel out of state for this

17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Gonna assume Cleveland is the smallest cap yeah? 500

18. meggers

Trusted

Dallas is around the same 400-500.

19. cwhit

750-800 or so in baltimore

20. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

1,300 capacity in Chicago. They usually play this venue here and always sell it out.

21. emlantzy

Regular

Kinda bummed they skipped over Pittsburgh but I'll most likely be at the Cleveland and Buffalo shows anyways. Super excited for this!

22. cwhit

they already have a pittsburgh date, could be added

23. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Yeah this is definitely mostly markets they skipped in the spring

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Probably a Michigan date in between Chicago and CLE

25. SPine

Trusted

Think they'll play an encore or just end the set with Another Night on Mars? They've been ending their sets with that pretty consistently for awhile