Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Maine - 8123 Fest Festival

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Sep 26, 2016.

1. kidinthebushes Sep 26, 2016
    (Last edited: Jan 22, 2017)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

The Maine / The Summer Set / A Rocket to the Moon / The Technicolors / Speak Low If You Speak Love / Beach Weather / Brighten / John The Ghost / This Century / Justin Reece / Gorgeous War

2. kidinthebushes

Trusted

The Maine, The Summer Set, and Brighten?! What year is it?

3. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Have any more bands been announced?

4. zachmacD

Trusted

Lydia is on 8123 so I'm thinking they are going to be announced as well

5. kidinthebushes Nov 29, 2016
    (Last edited: Nov 29, 2016)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

Maybe they are the first set of question marks.

6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Less than one month away, and have the lineup hasn't been announced. The website is showing 12 bands total.

7. tumbleweedterror

music is all we got

Apparently a band canceled so that delayed the announcement process. Even so, I'm getting impatient.

8. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Do we know which band?

9. tumbleweedterror

music is all we got

Nope! I was speculating that maybe the rumored A Rocket To The Moon reunion didn't end up working out, but we don't know anything concrete yet.

10. kidinthebushes

Trusted

FB_IMG_1484011060946.jpg

11. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Any idea who the very special guest might be?

12. kidinthebushes

Trusted

FB_IMG_1484017427703.jpg

13. tumbleweedterror

music is all we got

Everyone seems to be in agreement that it's A Rocket To The Moon, but Pat said we won't find out until they step on stage.

On another note, I'm really upset that the after party is already sold out. Seems like they should have way more tickets available.

14. FantasticCams

Is Brighten going to be active touring/recording at all, or is this just a one-off for them?

15. Matthew

Regular

The Summer Set will likely be breaking up after this

16. kidinthebushes

Trusted

What? Source?

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  17. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Nah

fbrrocks and kidinthebushes like this.
  18. Matthew

Regular

Heard a bunch of people saying it on Twitter, so not 100% credible

19. kidinthebushes

Trusted

You scared me. I just got my roommate into them. He was really excited to see them on 2017.

Matthew likes this.
  20. kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

21. fbrrocks

Trusted

i think arttm is playing from talking to nick friday

Daniel182 likes this.
  22. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

If anyone is going to this, please DM me! I'm not going - but if someone could pick me up something specific from the pop-up shop, I'd pay you handsomely for it.

23. andrew.elofson

Recap of the whole day

My dad and I arrived a little late so unfortunately we missed Brighten but I heard they were fantastic!

Beach Weather: Not much to say here, these dudes fucking groove. They really know how to put on a show and the crowd was going crazy over them!

Speak Low: Awesome set, Ryan had just gotten of a plane from Japan so you could tell he was a little exhausted. He put on an incredible show and had a surprisingly solid response from the crowd.

The Technicolors: Definitely not my cup of tea but these guys possessed true musicianship and had a really, really solid set. Awesome guitar work, great drums and the keyboardist absolutely demolished his keys at the end of the set in true rock and roll fashion.

A ROCKET TO THE FUCKING MOON: Oh my god. No words could possibly describe how unreal this was. They played SO well and it really felt like they hadn't even broken up in the first place. They genuinely looked so happy to be on stage as A Rocket to the Moon again. I'm praying to every god in existence that they come back for good.

The Summer Set: I'm a little biased because I absolutely love The Summer Set. This was my tenth time seeing them so I really have begun to notice little things. This was one of the first shows I've seen them play without in ear monitors so Jess had to keep time with her sticks or the hi hat the entire show. Regardless, they sounded perfect and played a great set (Despite the lack of old songs).

The Maine: Where do I even begin? The Maine has grown to be my all time favorite band after the events of Warped Tour last summer. With that said, this was THE BEST Maine set I've ever seen. You could tell that all the love and positive vibes from their hometown crowd really fueled their performance. Opening with We All Roll Along was absolutely insanity (Especially with the crowd singing "8123 means everything to me" and they followed right up with Am I Pretty? Run and Unlost. A 17 song set seemed a little short but there was probably a curfew given the venue was outdoors. The highlight for me personally was being pulled up on stage to sing Girls Do What They Want for the third time in a row. We had done this before in Long Island, then my hometown of Denver, and now Phoenix! They had a whole little speech about me and it was just the most heartwarming and fulfilling moment of my lifetime. Overall, 8123 Fest was an absolute blast and I'm calling it now as the best show of my 2017!

24. kidinthebushes

Trusted

25. Matthew

Regular

Brian Dales deleted all of his tweets. Something's definitely up with TSS