Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Maine 15th Anniversary - 8123 Fest (The Summer Set, 3OH!3, etc. + more TBA) Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by theasteriskera, Sep 13, 2021.

1. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I've always wanted to go to one of these, & this year I'm finally making it happen. I'd love to hear more about past events from anyone who's gone about what to expect!

unnamed.jpg

2. meggers

Trusted

I went last fest and loved it! It’s definitely a long and tiring weekend, especially if you do the Friday show and an after party. I believe there’s even more events for this fest and I’m excited to see what they’ll be.

theasteriskera likes this.
  3. JeebsJay

Regular

The first fest was generally amazing and I heard the second fest was even better! Highly recommend if anyone can get out there. Just a good group of bands/people.

4. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I've only heard great things about it, I can't wait!! I'm looking forward to see who else gets added, & I assume we'll get whatever hotel they partner with. We've already got a bundle for the whole weekend, and will probably get the Thursday & Sunday shows too whenever they're announced.

5. meggers

Trusted

I think I saw 8123 mention they’re finalizing hotel deals and should have them up in a few weeks. Last fest I think there was 5 or so different hotel options at different price points.

6. meggers

Trusted

Bundles with merch go off sale on Friday. There’ll still be 3 event tickets available just without the merch.

7. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Very excited to be coming to this for the first time! Just gotta book my flight.

8. meggers

Trusted

Hotel deals are now up. The Friday show will be them playing XOXO in full. There’ll also be happy hours and a hangover brunch on Sunday.

9. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I need to book my flight soon lol

10. meggers

Trusted

Southwest has some great deals right now! I got mine for $177 round trip.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  11. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Did an email go out?!

12. meggers

Trusted

The fest website got updated and I believe info went up on Instagram!

13. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Just wanted to make sure it didn't go to spam, thanks!! Can't wait for XOXO in full, in addition to literally every single other thing happening during this

meggers likes this.
  14. meggers

Trusted

They definitely seem to be doing more this fest which I’m so excited about. I’m curious to see who’s playing the Thursday and Sunday shows. I’m hoping John does a John the Ghost show cause I’d love to see him do a full set instead of just a short fest set.

15. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I'm assuming you've been in the past? This is my first, The Summer Set getting back together was my final push to finally get out there

16. meggers

Trusted

Yes I went last time! It’s such an amazing, but exhausting weekend. So far I like the lineup more this year, I’m curious to see who else gets added and if they’ll do a second stage of local bands like they did last time. It really is such a fun weekend! I will say if you’re planning to do The Maine’s meet and greet on Sunday to go early. Last fest, photos were in groups of 10, unless you got lucky and no one was there when you went. Based on what they have up for this year it’s not an all day meet and greet like last time, so I could see them doing groups of 10 per photo again.

17. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Thanks for the heads up! I'm very curious to see who else gets added, and what the Thursday and Sunday shows end up being. But that's all a bonus at this point. A second stage of local bands seems like a really cool idea. I signed up for the tattoo thing too, I have no clue if it's flash sheets or what but seems fun! We're getting in Wednesday the 19th & leaving Monday the 24th and are hoping to get some hikes in.

18. meggers

Trusted

Last fest that tattoos were a flash sheet. My friend ended up getting an unlost tattoo in John’s handwriting. Pat tweeted yesterday there’ll be a big lineup announcement soon! I’ll be there Thursday-Monday.

19. meggers

Trusted

State Champs just added to the lineup!

theasteriskera and ALT/MSC/FAN like this.
  20. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

HUGE addition for me!!

21. meggers

Trusted

Pat tweeted the other day that the second stage lineup along with info on the Thursday and Sunday shows will be announced soon.

ALT/MSC/FAN and theasteriskera like this.
  22. meggers

Trusted

23. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

That doesn't do a ton for me since they're already playing Saturday, but depending on who else plays we might do it. What have the pre-fest shows been like in the past? What are the chances A Rocket To The Moon songs are played lol

24. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

The Summer Set tweeted today that it's time to announce a headline show, I'm really hoping they're the Sunday show

25. meggers

Trusted

Last fest the preshow was The Maine requests show. The first fest the preshow was The Maine playing Pioneer. I’m not too stoked on this but at least the Friday preshow is a good one. I’m hoping for TSS for the Sunday show too or someone who isn’t on the fest lineup.