Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Maine – “Sticky”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Maine have shared the new song “Sticky” and launched album pre-orders. The band will debut the music video later today and the album will be released on July 9th.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

It’s not bad. A little repetitive, but I like it. Grower if not a show-er.

Sticking to the 10 track limit as usual I see.

Album art is interesting.

3. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Idk if this is indicative of the whole album, but based on this song, it seems like they're returning to the more poppy era of American Candy/Lovely Little Lonely. I'm not complaining! They could also drop a dubstep album next & I'd say it's AOTY though

4. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Songs a jam. Can't wait to hear the whole album.

Looking forward to blasting it with the windows down this summer.

beachdude and Pepetito like this.
  5. matthewrobert13

I’ve listened to this about three times so far, and it is catchy as hell. Really, really looking forward to this release.

6. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

They don’t always hit a home run with everything but god damnit if they aren’t one of the most consistent bands. The way they have been able to grow their career over all these years is incredible. Any band starting now - especially if they are young - should try and emulate a lot of what The Maine has done over their career.

7. Punkrocker

Wiping brings down the rainforest

At first I felt this was just ok and then the chorus hit. Hot damn. I definitely got American Candy vibes from it, which is fine with me. That is my favorite record of theirs right next to Lovely little lonely.

8. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

$14.41 for shipping?

9. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

What they've been able to do truly is remarkable. They chart at right around the same area with every album release, consistently draw well on tours, tend to please fans both old and new, & most importantly seem to really enjoy what they're making.

10. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Picking up some Third Eye Blind vibes...I like it.

11. ballroomtrance

Regular

Chorus feel a little cluttered and awkward but it’s still a bop!

12. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

One of the best alt rock bands in the world around

incredible business acumen as well - their ability to craft an ecosystem around their brand is pretty unmatched

13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Shit. This is awesome. Major LLL and recent Third Eye Blind vibes.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  14. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

They put so much focus and care into creating (and more importantly maintaining) a rock solid core fan base that feels more like a community than just fans. By doing that they essentially guaranteed that they could continue the band full time and at a high level and then keep trying to grow it on top of that core base.

Pretty incredible stuff.

15. doc32

I love the black butterflies and deja vu reference in the lyrics. "I finally found those letters lost under my tongue".

16. Punkrocker

Wiping brings down the rainforest

Ooo good catch, I wasn't even paying attention to that lyric. I love it.

17. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

they're absolutely fantastic live too. saw them at Sad Summer Fest on a hot Dallas day, and they crushed it. tons of energy. even people who didn't know the words to songs were jamming out.