Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Maine – “Lose Yourself” (Justin Bieber Cover)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. transrebel59

Regular

Talk about overreacting.

Daniel1027 likes this.
  3. SoundInTheSignals

@Bake_Wear / soundinthesignals.com

Unlocking anything or puzzle solving junk for a stream of a song or video in 2016 is making things way to complicated.

I like the cover. This band has gotten so much better over the years.

4. Oh, this is an under reaction on how I feel about gimmicky "unlock" schemes, I've been railing on this stupid tactic for over a decade at least. Hated it at MySpace. Hated the "like our page to hear a song" shit at Facebook. And I hated it when it was on Twitter like 5 years ago. I can't believe anyone still does it. If people like a song, or a cover, or whatever ... then they'll share it, asking for the share first is bullshit.

5. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Had a few cold ones tonight, ehhh?

6. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

The song is called "Love Yourself" and this band has definitely gotten so much better over the years. That first album doesn't even sound like them anymore.

Awksome likes this.
  7. Jason Tate Apr 21, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 21, 2016)
    Nope (I've literally been saying this for a decade, no beer needed to think it's stupid and hostile to fans). Gonna go crack the first one now though.

8. Shit. Fixed. Thanks. That's what I get for scheduling posts and not proof-reading.

9. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Drink one for me, Blackhawks won tonight =)

10. :beer:

Couple sips.

They ruined the best part of this song: the pre-chorus and chorus melody. This is one of the few songs that I liked on that last JB record basically only because of that exact melody and how he sings it (the lyrical content has been think-pieced to death already). Thumbs down on the cover.

11. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Yea I agree, thought the other covers they did were better...

12. mikalcheuk

tight cover. the ending of the video was hilarious. i dig.

13. Awksome

Regular

Love it.

14. dee

I can feel the butterflies.

Ha thanks for that. I would've just listened to it on spotify and skipped the video altogether if it wasn't for your comment.

15. jorbjorb

7 rings

yeah i like the maine but this is a meh cover. Covers are meh in general.

16. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Tell us how you really feel, Jason. haha

17. brandon

Regular Prestigious

I haven't listened to The Maine since Can't Stop, Won't Stop so I was pretty surprised by this cover. Did they change their sound drastically on their latest album or was it just a maturing over time?

18. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Definitely a maturing and different sound. I'd suggest giving Pioneer, FH and AC a try. They're all pretty different records. I'm sure you'd find something you'd like in one of them.

19. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I'd definitely recommend Pioneer and American Candy. Pioneer is kinda straight up rock, American Candy is like 90's alt/pop/rock. Both those albums are really solid. They're one of the few bands from that scene/era that I still listen to. They keep evolving in a good way.

20. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

The process for getting free PC games using gleam.io would drive you absolutely batty then. Click that link then click "See example" under coupons. For a free Steam game, you typically have to join a Steam group or two, visit a website, visit one or two Facebook pages, and subscribe to a Twitter feed or two. It's literally 7 or 8 actions. And all of those actually verify that you take the actions.

21. :redanger::redanger::redanger::redanger::redanger:

Mr. Serotonin likes this.