Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Maine – “Black Butterflies and Déjà Vu”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

This song is sick. This band progresses so smoothly. Super excited for this record.

Cola., Awksome and spencpants like this.
  3. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

Genuinely blown away by how good this is. First sign that this record won't necessarily be American Candy Part 2.

Awksome, earthlight and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  4. Mr. Serotonin

They've never really done that with albums. Almost always show some sort of progression with each release, especially since they've been independent.

5. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

Oh yeah I definitely know that, perhaps I judged too quickly from the first song they released in hindsight

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  6. This is better than all of American Candy and Bad Behaviour.

pauljgreco and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  7. Mr. Serotonin

To me, they did a similar thing with American Candy. I thought English girls was solid, and Miles Away was even better.

8. spencpants

Can I pet your dog? Prestigious

Love this

9. Dreampop

Sounds really good. Well done!

10. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, this is fucking great

11. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Easily my most anticipated and looking to be my AOTY. I can't believe how great The Maine have gotten over the years.

Cola., Awksome, earthlight and 2 others like this.
  12. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

These guys are really on a hot streak, AC was great and these past few songs from this upcoming record sound promising as well. Wow.

13. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

This band's progression over the years has been impressive, I've loved everything they've put out throughout the decade since Pioneer and I'm really looking forward to their new record. I'm diggin' this track, it sounds like a cross between Taking Back Sunday from the Mascherino era and Third Eye Blind more rock-ish stuff.

14. Mr. Serotonin

Definitely reminds me of 3eb a little bit. Part of the reason i love it so much :crylaugh:

GetUpAndrew likes this.
  15. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

The growth really is impressive. And the music seems to keep getting better. The only album I really have trouble connecting with compared to others is Forever Halloween but even that has several great tracks.

16. ballroomtrance

Regular

GODDAM that introduction is fucked up good

cosmickid likes this.
  17. aniafc

Trusted

Forever Halloween is my least favorite album from them, I think

18. Derek Wright

Regular Prestigious

Wow- this was pretty awesome, didn't expect it.

19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Surprised how stoked people are off this song. It's alright to me. Better than "Bad Behavior" but so far I'm not really getting too excited over the record.. bleh.

Pioneer is still their best record by a landslide in my opinion. It's been downhill since.

20. Forever Halloween is most definitely their best record (especially the deluxe version), you all are crazy. American Candy is their weakest since Black and White. Pioneer is almost as good as FH. It is known.

21. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

these guys are super sweet and smart and this record is gonna make my top 10 no doubt

22. YouOnlyLukeOnce

#WRBK4lyfe

Fantastic song! Should be a great album for 2017

23. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Love this song, way better then Bad Behavior in my opinion...

24. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Love it from one listen. Way better showing than Bad Behavior. Stoked for this album

25. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

This song isn't good. His vocal inflection has gotten so annoying most of the time and is absolutely grating on this track. I liked Bad Behavior a decent amount though... album should be interesting.